Iran in the eyes of its neighbors | World Defense

Iran in the eyes of its neighbors

vinceasneed

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
Iran is hard to figure out. Do they want nuclear capability for use of power or for war? Many people in this country are skeptical about Iran. Some feel that they are trying to make a turnaround and do the right thing. We are divided relatively speaking on this issue. How does Iran's neighbor's feel? Do they support Iran as they feel that they could be a counterbalance to the West in that area? I know that Israel is against Iran? I can't blame them.

DancingLady

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
I don't think Iran's neighbors are all that comfortable with it. Nukes are scary no matter what, you never know when an ally might cease to be one.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Turkey aren't particularly impressed with Iran right now. The Turkish Foreign Ministry has publicly stated that Iran should feel "ashamed" for supporting the Syrian regime and it was recently reported that only 26% of Turks view Iran in a favorable light.

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
Iran is for me just a rebel country who keep seeking attention. I don't live in a country that neighbours to Iran. But as I see it, they should just probably cooperate with what the countries around them like them to do. After all if that's for the stability of the world. They should stop provoking wars if they really want to take care of their people. Wars give us bad memories that victories can't simply erase.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Iran's neighbors have good reasons to be alarmed by her plans to develop nuclear weapons. Were you to dig a little deeper, you'd find that Iran funds numerous terrorist groups which operate both in the Middle East and elsewhere in the world. Should they have nuclear weapons do you suppose they'd hesitate to use the said weapons on their enemies? Not likely. Who knows if they'd arm the terrorists with similar weapons?

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia is against Iran's nuclear program and will do everything it could stop the mullah from making nuclear weapons. We have many times voiced our concern in that regard and have officially announced that we will make our own nukes if Iran gets them.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
There are those who say that acquisition of nuclear weapons by countries in the Middle East would bring lasting peace to the region since the countries would all possess a deterrent against would-be invaders. Nuclear peace, would it exists in places where anyone would choose to be a martyr as long as their enemies are annihilated?

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
I don't think having nuclear weapons will bring peace to the the ME. It however going to create proxy wars says b/t Israel/Iran/Saudi Arabia.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
And all that would create tension and probably draw Israel/Iran/Saudi Arabia into war which was what they sought [or seek] to avoid in the first place. Relationships between countries in the ME are quite complicated. Just one wrong move [by any country] and the whole region will be at war.

Kamarsun1

Reactions
15 0 0
Country
USA
Iran is hard to figure out. Do they want nuclear capability for use of power or for war? Many people in this country are skeptical about Iran. Some feel that they are trying to make a turnaround and do the right thing. We are divided relatively speaking on this issue. How does Iran's neighbor's feel? Do they support Iran as they feel that they could be a counterbalance to the West in that area? I know that Israel is against Iran? I can't blame them.
I think Iran's neighbor's are fine with them. They cause no real problems to them and I'm sure they trade products back and forth with one another. Israel does like any Islamic nation, but Israel is small compared to the rest of the middle east, and if it wasn't for the US funding Israel, they would have been in control by the rightful indigenous people of that region.