Iran Remains World's Chief Sponsor of Terrorism

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Iran Remains World's Chief Sponsor of Terrorism

WASHINGTON, Jan. 23, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Saudi Foreign Minister Adel bin Ahmed Al-Jubeir denounced Iran'ssupport for terrorism and said the U.S. is well aware of Iran's mischief. Minister Al-Jubeir made the remarks today during a joint news conference with U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry following the meeting with the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) foreign ministers, which was held in Riyadh.

"Iran remains the world's chief sponsor of terrorism," said Minister Al-Jubeir. "Iranian government institutions are still designated as terrorist organizations. And Iranian officials, including in the security services, are wanted for terrorism."

"I think the United States is very aware of the danger that Iran's mischief and behavior...I don't believe the United States is under any illusion as to what type of government Iran is," he added.

During his visit, Secretary Kerry also met with Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz and Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

SOURCE Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia, Information Office

Saudi Foreign Minister: Iran Remains World's Chief Sponsor of Terrorism -- WASHINGTON, Jan. 23, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
That statement is expected from the Saudi Foreign minister since they are at odds with Iran. And since the US is close to Saudi Arabia then the media campaign will be against Iran. Honestly, I do not know which is true (regarding press statements) but from what I feel, Saudi Arabia has the edge now since they are in good terms with western countries. And which country is the ally of Iran?

explorerx7

Reactions
37 1 0
Country
Jamaica
Here we go again. The Saudis are drumming up support for themselves in regards to their conflict with Iran. There have been numerous reports accusing Iran of supporting terrorist activities. This may or may not be true. However, the situation in the middle east is like a cloak and dagger affair; opposing countries giving similar types of support to entities that are strategic to their ambitions and then turning around to point fingers at others.
We have seen where Iran has backed the Kurds and has seemed not be a fan of Isis. There was a time when Sadam Hussien had the support of the Western world in the supression of the Kurds which were, and is still being, backed by Iran. Presently, the Kurds are now being backed by the western world in the war against Isis, and I suspect that they may me enjoying the backing of the Saudis also. There have also been allegations of the Saudis giving support to some not so wholesome entities, however, I don't know if these reports are true.
Such as the nature of affairs in the Middle East for ages, a situation of unending rivalry, which I don't think will change anytime soon.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
This is what's bothering me. Saudi Arabia has nothing nice to say about Iran since they've long since been rivals and each country is vying to reign the Middle East region. I do not believe there is a personal connection between the Iranian government and the individuals that make up ISIS and other terror groups.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
For those who doubt the veracity of Saudi Arabia's Foreign Minister . . . you'll find the articles below illuminating.

Iran spending billions on terrorists' salaries: report - Washington Times
Iran has been sending billions of dollars to fill the pockets of terrorist fighters across the Middle East, including in Yemen, Syria, Lebanon and the Gaza Strip, according to a private U.S. government report ordered by Sen. Mark Kirk.

Iran’s defense budget ranges anywhere between $14 billion to $30 billion a year and much of that money goes to fund terrorist groups and rebel fighters throughout the region, according to the Congressional Research Service report conducted at the request of Mr. Kirk, an Illinois Republican.

Iran and state-sponsored terrorism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Since the Iranian Revolution in 1979, the government of Iran has been accused by members of the international community of funding, providing equipment, weapons, training and giving sanctuary to terrorists.

The United States State Department describes Iran as an “active state sponsor of terrorism.”

And there's also this admission.

Kerry Admits That ‘Some’ Iran Sanctions Relief Will Likely Fund Terrorism |
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry on Thursday admitted that “some” of the roughly $150 billion in sanctions relief coming Iran’s way in the newly implemented nuclear deal will likely fund terrorism.

“I think that some of it will end up in the hands of the IRGC (Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution) or other entities, some of which are labeled terrorists,” Kerry told CNBC television.

DownWithDaesh

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
I suspect that Saudi Arabia is closer to being the world's chief sponsor of terrorism than Iran. Aside from material support for terrorists, the Saudis actively proselytize and promote their radical Salafi/Wahhabi interpretations of Islam (no offense to any sincere and peaceful Salafis), which in turn leads people to joining ISIS and other such groups. Propagating these ideas is actually more dangerous than giving people guns.

How Saudi Wahhabism Is the Fountainhead of Islamist Terrorism

djdefense

Reactions
32 2 0
Country
India
Yeah. Saudi Arabia isn't too far behind. The fact is that if both sides stopped trying to control the middle east, the region would benefit immensely.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I suspect that Saudi Arabia is closer to being the world's chief sponsor of terrorism than Iran. Aside from material support for terrorists, the Saudis actively proselytize and promote their radical Salafi/Wahhabi interpretations of Islam (no offense to any sincere and peaceful Salafis), which in turn leads people to joining ISIS and other such groups. Propagating these ideas is actually more dangerous than giving people guns.

How Saudi Wahhabism Is the Fountainhead of Islamist Terrorism

Oh yeah. Who founded the UN anti terror committee> Saudi Arabia NOT Iran
US-led collation was formed and agreed upon in Saudi Arabia not Iran
Saudi Arabia is part of the US led collation operation in Iraq and Syria
Al-Qaeda, ISIS and Iran backed militias have been targeting Saudi Arabia and NOT Iran
AlQaeda members have been sheltered by Iran NOT Saudi Arabia
Who attacked the U.S embassy in Iran and slaughter the diplomats back in the 70s was not Saudi Arabia
Who plotted to assassinate the Saudi ambassador to U.S
Who was behind the AMIA bombing in Argentina
Who was was behind the attack on the Saudi embassy ended in killing of the Saudi ambassador to Iran back in the 80s
Who is slaughtering innocent people in Syria and Iraq.
There is no few countries in the world that have diplomatic relations with Iran, most civilized world countries don't e.g. Canada.

I can go on and on. Its absurd to accuse Saudi Arabia of supporting terror.

Iran and state-sponsored terrorism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
Meanwhile Saudia Arabia is the source for most of ISIS' funding, but yeah, the Saudis aren't supporters of terror. Let's pretend that's true. Anyway, the use of external armed groups as means to extend one's reach isn't really something surprising.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Meanwhile Saudia Arabia is the source for most of ISIS' funding, but yeah, the Saudis aren't supporters of terror. Let's pretend that's true. Anyway, the use of external armed groups as means to extend one's reach isn't really something surprising.

ISIS have carried out attacks recently in Saudi Arabia claiming the lives of many innocents. Its very disrespectful for the deceased to accuses Saudi Arabia of financing terror. Saudis are also taking part of the international military effort led by the US in fighting ISIS and their fighter jets are conducing operation on daily basis.

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
That doesn't change the fact that ISIS gets a lot of its funding and weapons from Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia has a long history supporting and promoting an extremist interpretation of the religious texts anyway. It's not like this is a secret or anything.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
That doesn't change the fact that ISIS gets a lot of its funding and weapons from Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia has a long history supporting and promoting an extremist interpretation of the religious texts anyway. It's not like this is a secret or anything.

A substantial evidence must be presented for such claim to be taken seriously.