Iran unveil 10 century made weapons | World Defense

Iran unveil 10 century made weapons

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Iran never ceases to amaze me every time it launches a military parade and the outcome are always the same; outdated, reversed engineered equipments that no one really knows if they actually work or not.

What the hell is this? is this supposed to be self-propelled howitzer?

1524066337913.png

Nilgiri

BANNED
Reactions
224 22 0
Country
India
It reminds me of the anti tank field carriages/tank destroyers from WW2 era mixed in with a bit of AMX "open" design, but yeah the caliber of gun suggests howitzer platform.

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
It reminds me of the anti tank field carriages/tank destroyers from WW2 era mixed in with a bit of AMX "open" design, but yeah the caliber of gun suggests howitzer platform.

Taking the entire protection of the tank off replacing it with howitzer makes it almost impossible to survive the slightest hit. What were they thinking!

Nilgiri

BANNED
Reactions
224 22 0
Country
India
Taking the entire protection of the tank off replacing it with howitzer makes it almost impossible to survive the slightest hit. What were they thinking!

Either they will add some glacis protection later (i.e this is intermediary proof of concept/TD etc) or the role will be limited to secondary covering formations rather than primary spearhead etc....but then its confusing with the tracked mobility invested tbh.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Either they will add some glacis protection later (i.e this is intermediary proof of concept/TD etc) or the role will be limited to secondary covering formations rather than primary spearhead etc....but then its confusing with the tracked mobility invested tbh.

Exactly, mobility and durability are major factors here.

Joe Shearer

Reactions
899 65 0
Country
India
I'm shocked at the level of ignorance that all of you have shown.

This is a jet propelled amphibious vehicle. The jet propulsion is provided by rapid fire mode on the converted howitzer mechanism. If you look carefully, it is displayed upside down so that we can see what should normally be underwater. Once the vehicle reaches shore, the 'howitzer' barrel is used to flip the craft over and convert it into a vehicle, that then uses its tracks to forge steadily through the sand. It is estimated that one in three flip over and land on the wrong side, and start rolling back towards the water. In case you did not understand, this is intended to confuse and frustrate the enemy gunners. It is hoped that some of them will kill themselves, some will die laughing and the others will put in applications for compassionate transfer to the air defence regiments, where obsolete frigates are converted with tracks to terrestrial movement, and on whose decks scores of AA equpment can be installed.

I feel saddened at the complete lack of appreciation shown in the preceding remarks. Nobody will fail to be demoralised by them, and the entire responsibility will be that of @Scorpion, @Nilgiri, @WebMaster and @Legend. Your lack of appreciation of the superior technology demonstrated is very unkind, and is definitely not going to enthuse the next generation of cheerleaders for the military.

Nilgiri

BANNED
Reactions
224 22 0
Country
India
I'm shocked at the level of ignorance that all of you have shown.

This is a jet propelled amphibious vehicle. The jet propulsion is provided by rapid fire mode on the converted howitzer mechanism. If you look carefully, it is displayed upside down so that we can see what should normally be underwater. Once the vehicle reaches shore, the 'howitzer' barrel is used to flip the craft over and convert it into a vehicle, that then uses its tracks to forge steadily through the sand. It is estimated that one in three flip over and land on the wrong side, and start rolling back towards the water. In case you did not understand, this is intended to confuse and frustrate the enemy gunners. It is hoped that some of them will kill themselves, some will die laughing and the others will put in applications for compassionate transfer to the air defence regiments, where obsolete frigates are converted with tracks to terrestrial movement, and on whose decks scores of AA equpment can be installed.

I feel saddened at the complete lack of appreciation shown in the preceding remarks. Nobody will fail to be demoralised by them, and the entire responsibility will be that of @Scorpion, @Nilgiri, @WebMaster and @Legend. Your lack of appreciation of the superior technology demonstrated is very unkind, and is definitely not going to enthuse the next generation of cheerleaders for the military.

So basically a 90s McDonalds Happy Meal wind-up toy, but scaled up a few magnitudes....darn thats nefarious!