Iran urges India, China & Russia to counter NATO missile system | World Defense

Iran urges India, China & Russia to counter NATO missile system

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Iran urges India, China Russia to counter NATO missile system — RT News

Iran has announced its readiness to cooperate with Russia, China and India on the issue of NATO’s missile shield and related threats from the military bloc, the head of its defense ministry said in Moscow.

“I'd like to support the idea of developing multifaceted defense cooperation between China, Iran, India and Russia to counter NATO eastwards expansion and installing a missile shield in Europe,” Hossein Dehghan said on Thursday, at an international security conference in Moscow.

Hours later Dehghan was cited by RIA Novosti as saying that Russia, China and Iran may hold tri-party defense talks.

"We discussed certain aspects of regional security. It was proposed to hold a trilateral meeting of Russia, Iran and China," Dehghan said after meeting with Russian Defense Minister Sergey Shoigu.

Despite a deal on Tehran's nuclear program, the US is still going to site its missile defense installations in Europe. They are being deployed over a perceived threat from “nuclear Iran” – a pretext which Moscow called a “fairytale.”

“The threat to NATO countries posed by the proliferation of ballistic missiles continues to increase… the framework [of the Iran nuclear program] agreement does not change that fact,” NATO spokeswoman Oana Lungescu told Sputnik.

According to Russia, the controversial missile shield in Europe is staying because “the Missile Defense System was never about Iran.”

"This serves as yet more proof that references to the ‘Iranian [missile] threat’ served as a smokescreen, whereas the genuine objective is the creation of an anti-missile program with quite a different purpose,” the Russian Foreign Ministry wrote.

The US has for years insisted the missile defense system is needed for protection against potential missiles from rogue states, such as North Korea and Iran. Moscow strongly objected to new unilateral NATO military installations, citing national security threats. Russia proposed the creation of a joint system, but Washington rejected it.

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I don't think India will take a part in this ,but this is something interesting btw . A military cooperation consists of Iran+Russia+China against NATO and the leader is Iran.|0|
So Iran is trying to involve some allies in this coalition.I don't think that U.S will sit and watch.

Guys ,I guess it will fall on Iran's head soon.Firstly they wants to counter GCC and now they wants to counter NATO .

Good luck Iran.|O|

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Iran can't offer anything at all. Russia/China can give Iran weapons that are capable of targeting NATO missile systems in Israel and Turkey. But that would make no sense, as Russia is closer to both countries. So in essence Iran is asking for good offensive weapons to reverse engineer(And then later use on Saudi Arabia) in exchange for nothing. Iran doesn't share Russian interests, it is trying to covertly secure mutual interests with the US. No matter what Iran says in the public, dont take it with any seriousness. US/Iran are closer than you'd think. And Iran's only political objectives consist of targeting Arab Sunnis in order to recreate Persian like empire. And only Arabs can defend theirselves against this. West would only intervene if global recession occurs. And deploy forces to secure oil fields/repair them.

For Arab members only:

There is actually hadith that says Romans will reach up to Mecca. And at that time Mahdi will emerge. It could be the scenario I mentioned above.