IRAN: Woman sentenced to stoning, lashing and prison | World Defense

IRAN: Woman sentenced to stoning, lashing and prison

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA

NCRI - A woman has been sentenced to stoning, lashing, and 25 years imprisonment in northern Iran, local state media reported, in the run-up to International Human Rights Day.

The woman, who was identified only by the initials “A.Kh.”, was sentenced in a court in Gilan Province along with two other men for alleged complicity in the murder of her husband.

One of the two men, identified by the initials R.A., was sentenced to death while the other man was handed down a 25-year prison sentence.

Local state media reported the sentencing on Saturday, however the Iranian regime’s judiciary has not officially published any information on the verdicts.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
I don't get it. If the woman will be stoned and get lashed for the crime, how will she serve the 25 years in prison. Or will it be 25 years in prison, lashing then end it all with stoning? They could just hand over the death penalty and get it done with. Punishment should be equivalent to the crime [committed] and this isn't.

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
- I believe stoning and lashing will not kill her but will injure her very badly. I cannot say I approve this by any means. It is too primitive and violent and i am not sure that people will get scared and just stop doing bad things. I know it is their way and we had it here in Serbia in 12th century. Maybe it would be better to sentence her the same as two other men. I understood she was the only one to get this treatment and i am not defending a murderer but equality everywhere is important.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I don't get it. If the woman will be stoned and get lashed for the crime, how will she serve the 25 years in prison. Or will it be 25 years in prison, lashing then end it all with stoning? They could just hand over the death penalty and get it done with. Punishment should be equivalent to the crime [committed] and this isn't.

From what I understand with that tradition of punishing by stoning women in Muslim countries, they don't kill the woman. The stoning is a way of torture, to inflict pain and injury but not to put her to death. In this news report, the woman is guilty of murder so that makes her a criminal worthy of being punished. And stoning is by law in their country so I guess that serves her right.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
From what I understand with that tradition of punishing by stoning women in Muslim countries, they don't kill the woman. The stoning is a way of torture, to inflict pain and injury but not to put her to death. In this news report, the woman is guilty of murder so that makes her a criminal worthy of being punished. And stoning is by law in their country so I guess that serves her right.

There is no signal muslim country practice stoning except Iran if we can call it a muslim country. Now in regard to Islamic law of punishment its to deter not to punish. All islamic laws are there in the Quran and if you can find me what its says about stoning. To make it easy for you there is nothing about stoning however its there in the bible.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
There is no signal muslim country practice stoning except Iran if we can call it a muslim country. Now in regard to Islamic law of punishment its to deter not to punish. All islamic laws are there in the Quran and if you can find me what its says about stoning. To make it easy for you there is nothing about stoning however its there in the bible.

I'm sorry if I have the wrong notion because I will be honest to say that I haven't read the Quran because I am a Catholic. And what I understand of Muslims and Islam are only from what I read. That is one of the reasons why I joined this forum because I can see that I can learn from the community here. Okay, now you say that there is no stoning in Quran. But I wonder why you seem to be ignoring Iran as a Muslim country. Just curious.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I'm sorry if I have the wrong notion because I will be honest to say that I haven't read the Quran because I am a Catholic. And what I understand of Muslims and Islam are only from what I read. That is one of the reasons why I joined this forum because I can see that I can learn from the community here. Okay, now you say that there is no stoning in Quran. But I wonder why you seem to be ignoring Iran as a Muslim country. Just curious.

I don't really paint the people of Iran as whole as non Muslim however the so called religious people are and they reason is that Shiism doctrine they teach today is totally and completely different than the correct belief in which 1.7 billion people around the world follow. In fact, Shiism movement was actually a political one that dates back 1300 years and it evolved over time. All muslims scholars around the globe affirm that Shiism as whole isn't Islamic in all what it contains.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I don't really paint the people of Iran as whole as non Muslim however the so called religious people are and they reason is that Shiism doctrine they teach today is totally and completely different than the correct belief in which 1.7 billion people around the world follow. In fact, Shiism movement was actually a political one that dates back 1300 years and it evolved over time. All muslims scholars around the globe affirm that Shiism as whole isn't Islamic in all what it contains.

I think Iran is like the Mormons on the side of the Christians in that they have their own book of life. Christian belief is largely based on the Bible and although Catholics have the so called dogma, the church declaration as augmentation or interpretation of some Bible verses, the Mormons have a different kind of book aside from the Bible. Now, with Iran maybe the Shiites have a far different interpretation of the Quran. Am I right on this assumption?