Iranian Affairs | Page 57 | World Defense

Iranian Affairs

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Nov 17, 2017
Messages
11,551
Reactions
371 22,101 1,124
Country
Saudi Arabia
Location
Saudi Arabia

Iran hit by 5.9-magnitude quake in nuclear plant province

Updated 18 April 2021

TEHRAN: A 5.9-magnitude earthquake Sunday hit Iran's southwestern Bushehr province, which houses a nuclear power plant, injuring five people but causing no major damage, state media said.

The 10-kilometre (six mile) deep quake hit 27 kilometres northwest of the port city of Genaveh at 11:11 am local time (0641 GMT) and was felt in nearby provinces, Iran's seismological agency said.

State news agency IRNA reported that the quake and several aftershocks caused power blackouts and cut phone lines nearby but caused "no damage" at the Bushehr nuclear complex about 100 kilometres away.

"The minor damage to Genaveh's water, electricity, telecommunication and gas infrastructure has been repaired," the head of the province's crisis management told IRNA.

Iran sits astride the boundaries of several major tectonic plates and experiences frequent seismic activity.

In 2003, a 6.6-magnitude quake in southeastern Iran levelled the ancient mud-brick city of Bam and killed at least 31,000 people.

Iran's deadliest quake was a 7.4-magnitude tremor in 1990 that killed 40,000 people in the north, injured 300,000 and left half a million homeless.
 

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Nov 17, 2017
Messages
11,551
Reactions
371 22,101 1,124
Country
Saudi Arabia
Location
Saudi Arabia

Iran asks Interpol to arrest Natanz ‘sabotage’ suspect – media report

Updated 18 April 2021
  • National television has published a photo and identified the alleged saboteur as Reza Karimi
  • A Red Notice is a request to law enforcement worldwide to locate and provisionally arrest a person

TEHRAN: Iran has asked Interpol to help arrest a suspect in a sabotage attack on its Natanz nuclear facility which it blames on Israel, a local newspaper reported Sunday.

National television has published a photo and identified the man as 43-year-old Reza Karimi, saying the intelligence ministry had established his role in last week’s “sabotage” at Natanz.

The broadcaster said the suspect had “fled the country before the incident” and that “legal procedures to arrest and return him to the country are currently underway.”

Neither state TV nor other media provided further details on the suspect. The intelligence ministry has not issued an official statement.

The ultraconservative Kayhan daily reported in its Sunday edition that “intelligence and judicial authorities” are engaged in the process.

It added that “after his identity was established, necessary measures were taken through Interpol to arrest and return” the suspect.
Kayhan did not specify what form of Interpol assistance had been requested.

As of Sunday noon, Interpol’s public “red notice” list online returned no results for Reza Karimi.

A Red Notice is a request to law enforcement worldwide to locate and provisionally arrest a person pending extradition, surrender or similar legal action, according to Interpol’s website.

A “small explosion” hit the Natanz plant’s electricity distribution system a week ago, according to the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran.
The Iranian foreign ministry accused arch-foe Israel of an act of “nuclear terrorism” and vowed revenge.

Israel has neither confirmed nor denied involvement but public radio reports said it was a sabotage operation by the Mossad spy agency, citing unnamed intelligence sources.

The New York Times, quoting unnamed US and Israeli intelligence officials, also said there had been “an Israeli role” in the attack.
Iran’s foreign ministry spokesman Saeed Khatibzadeh last week indirectly accused Israel of attempting to scuttle talks underway in Vienna aimed at reviving a landmark nuclear agreement.

The talks are focused on bringing the US back in to the accord after former president Donald Trump withdrew from it in 2018 and reimposed sanctions on Tehran, and to bring Iran back into compliance with key nuclear commitments it suspended in response to the sanctions.
1618837470100.png




Iran nuclear: State TV names suspect in Natanz attack


What happened at Natanz?

It is not entirely clear how the attack unfolded. However, Alireza Zakani, head of the Iranian parliament's research centre, said thousands of machines used to refine nuclear material were destroyed or damaged at Natanz.

The attack took place in a facility up to 50m (165ft) underground, another official said.
 

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Nov 17, 2017
Messages
11,551
Reactions
371 22,101 1,124
Country
Saudi Arabia
Location
Saudi Arabia

Iran asks Interpol to arrest Natanz ‘sabotage’ suspect – media report

Updated 18 April 2021
  • National television has published a photo and identified the alleged saboteur as Reza Karimi
  • A Red Notice is a request to law enforcement worldwide to locate and provisionally arrest a person

TEHRAN: Iran has asked Interpol to help arrest a suspect in a sabotage attack on its Natanz nuclear facility which it blames on Israel, a local newspaper reported Sunday.

National television has published a photo and identified the man as 43-year-old Reza Karimi, saying the intelligence ministry had established his role in last week’s “sabotage” at Natanz.

The broadcaster said the suspect had “fled the country before the incident” and that “legal procedures to arrest and return him to the country are currently underway.”

Neither state TV nor other media provided further details on the suspect. The intelligence ministry has not issued an official statement.

The ultraconservative Kayhan daily reported in its Sunday edition that “intelligence and judicial authorities” are engaged in the process.

It added that “after his identity was established, necessary measures were taken through Interpol to arrest and return” the suspect.
Kayhan did not specify what form of Interpol assistance had been requested.

As of Sunday noon, Interpol’s public “red notice” list online returned no results for Reza Karimi.

A Red Notice is a request to law enforcement worldwide to locate and provisionally arrest a person pending extradition, surrender or similar legal action, according to Interpol’s website.

A “small explosion” hit the Natanz plant’s electricity distribution system a week ago, according to the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran.
The Iranian foreign ministry accused arch-foe Israel of an act of “nuclear terrorism” and vowed revenge.

Israel has neither confirmed nor denied involvement but public radio reports said it was a sabotage operation by the Mossad spy agency, citing unnamed intelligence sources.

The New York Times, quoting unnamed US and Israeli intelligence officials, also said there had been “an Israeli role” in the attack.
Iran’s foreign ministry spokesman Saeed Khatibzadeh last week indirectly accused Israel of attempting to scuttle talks underway in Vienna aimed at reviving a landmark nuclear agreement.

The talks are focused on bringing the US back in to the accord after former president Donald Trump withdrew from it in 2018 and reimposed sanctions on Tehran, and to bring Iran back into compliance with key nuclear commitments it suspended in response to the sanctions.
View attachment 17490



Iran nuclear: State TV names suspect in Natanz attack


What happened at Natanz?

It is not entirely clear how the attack unfolded. However, Alireza Zakani, head of the Iranian parliament's research centre, said thousands of machines used to refine nuclear material were destroyed or damaged at Natanz.

The attack took place in a facility up to 50m (165ft) underground, another official said.
Interpol has yet to issue a Red Warrant

 

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Nov 17, 2017
Messages
11,551
Reactions
371 22,101 1,124
Country
Saudi Arabia
Location
Saudi Arabia

UN's Nuclear Watchdog Says Iran Has Failed To Explain Uranium Traces


The UN's nuclear watchdog agency said on May 31 that Iran has failed to explain traces of uranium found at several undeclared sites and that it continues to breach enrichment limits spelled out in the 2015 nuclear agreement with world powers.

The news, outlined in two separate reports by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), could complicate talks currently under way in Vienna to revive the deal.

One report by IAEA Director-General Rafael Grossi said that Tehran has failed to provide “the necessary explanation for the presence of the nuclear material particles at any of the three locations where the agency has conducted complementary accesses [inspections]."

Most of the activity in question dates back to the early 2000s, before the Iran nuclear agreement, and has long been a center of inquiry about Iran's past nuclear program.

Another report estimated Iran's stockpile of enriched uranium at 3,241 kilograms, or around 16 times the limit set out in the 2015 deal with world powers.

Of that stockpile, it said Iran has produced 62.8 kilograms of uranium enriched up to 20 percent purity and 2.4 kilograms enriched up to 60 percent purity.

Under the nuclear deal, Iran is allowed to enrich uranium up to 3.67 percent purity, far below the 90 percent purity needed for a nuclear weapon.

"Sixty percent is almost weapons grade," Grossi told the Financial Times.

The IAEA hasn't been able to access data important to monitoring Iran's nuclear program since late February when Tehran started restricting international inspections of its facilities, according to the Vienna-based organization.

The IAEA and Iran earlier acknowledged the restrictions limited access to surveillance cameras at Iranian facilities, but the report issued on May 31 indicated they went much further.

Iran started limiting inspections in a bid to put pressure on the government of U.S. President Joe Biden to lift crippling sanctions reimposed after then-President Donald Trump pulled out of the 2015 nuclear deal with Iran unilaterally in 2018.

Since the U.S. withdrawal from the pact, Iran has been steadily violating its various restrictions, including on the types of centrifuges it's allowed to use, the amount of enriched uranium it is allowed to stockpile, and the purity to which it is allowed to enrich.

Based on reporting by AFP, dpa, Reuters, and AP

 

BATMAN

SENIOR MEMBER
Joined
Dec 20, 2017
Messages
1,412
Reactions
40 1,347 38
Country
Pakistan
Location
Pakistan

UN's Nuclear Watchdog Says Iran Has Failed To Explain Uranium Traces


The UN's nuclear watchdog agency said on May 31 that Iran has failed to explain traces of uranium found at several undeclared sites and that it continues to breach enrichment limits spelled out in the 2015 nuclear agreement with world powers.

The news, outlined in two separate reports by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), could complicate talks currently under way in Vienna to revive the deal.

One report by IAEA Director-General Rafael Grossi said that Tehran has failed to provide “the necessary explanation for the presence of the nuclear material particles at any of the three locations where the agency has conducted complementary accesses [inspections]."

Most of the activity in question dates back to the early 2000s, before the Iran nuclear agreement, and has long been a center of inquiry about Iran's past nuclear program.

Another report estimated Iran's stockpile of enriched uranium at 3,241 kilograms, or around 16 times the limit set out in the 2015 deal with world powers.

Of that stockpile, it said Iran has produced 62.8 kilograms of uranium enriched up to 20 percent purity and 2.4 kilograms enriched up to 60 percent purity.

Under the nuclear deal, Iran is allowed to enrich uranium up to 3.67 percent purity, far below the 90 percent purity needed for a nuclear weapon.

"Sixty percent is almost weapons grade," Grossi told the Financial Times.

The IAEA hasn't been able to access data important to monitoring Iran's nuclear program since late February when Tehran started restricting international inspections of its facilities, according to the Vienna-based organization.

The IAEA and Iran earlier acknowledged the restrictions limited access to surveillance cameras at Iranian facilities, but the report issued on May 31 indicated they went much further.

Iran started limiting inspections in a bid to put pressure on the government of U.S. President Joe Biden to lift crippling sanctions reimposed after then-President Donald Trump pulled out of the 2015 nuclear deal with Iran unilaterally in 2018.

Since the U.S. withdrawal from the pact, Iran has been steadily violating its various restrictions, including on the types of centrifuges it's allowed to use, the amount of enriched uranium it is allowed to stockpile, and the purity to which it is allowed to enrich.

Based on reporting by AFP, dpa, Reuters, and AP

When there are no implications of violation of UN charters and resolutions, Iran and India will continue with their usual traits of deception and lies.
At least pandemic has toned down the evil regime and it's puppies in Pakistan.
 

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Nov 17, 2017
Messages
11,551
Reactions
371 22,101 1,124
Country
Saudi Arabia
Location
Saudi Arabia
 

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Nov 17, 2017
Messages
11,551
Reactions
371 22,101 1,124
Country
Saudi Arabia
Location
Saudi Arabia

Iran Says It Is Holding Talks On Prisoner Swap With U.S.

July 13, 2021

Iran said on July 13 that it is holding talks on prisoner exchanges with the United States, a few days after a U.S. official said Washington was working to release its detained citizens.

The U.S. envoy for Iran, Robert Malley, said last week that U.S. President Joe Biden insists on the release of all Americans detained in Iran and will not accept a "partial deal."

Malley called the release of Americans detained in the Islamic republic a "priority" and said that negotiations with Iran have "made some progress," NBC News reported.

Iranian government spokesman Ali Rabiei confirmed the talks and said Tehran was calling for the release of all Iranian prisoners.

"These talks are ongoing and if any acceptable result is achieved, it will be announced," Rabiei was quoted as saying by the semiofficial ISNA news agency.

Iran's Foreign Ministry spokesman Saeed Khatibzadeh said on July 12 that Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif had "put forth a plan to swap all Iranian and American prisoners," the official government news agency IRNA reported.

Iran is holding a number of dual nationals, including several Iranian-Americans amid accusations by rights activists and others that Tehran is using the detainees to extract concessions from other countries.

Iran and the United States have exchanged prisoners in the past, including in June 2020, when Washington freed Iranian scientist Majid Taheri, detained for violating U.S. sanctions against Iran, as Tehran set free U.S. Navy veteran Michael White who had been sentenced to 13 years in prison last year for allegedly insulting Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and posting private information online.


Iran's talks with world powers on reviving a 2015 nuclear deal, which former U.S. President Donald Trump quit in 2018, have remained stalled after six rounds.
The deal imposed restrictions on Iran's nuclear activities in exchange for the lifting of sanctions. Biden has promised to rejoin the deal if Iran returns to full compliance.

U.S. State Department spokesman Ned Price said on June 12 that Washington would not impose a deadline on a seventh round of talks, and only Tehran could determine when talks would resume.

With reporting by AFP, AP and ISNA

 

BATMAN

SENIOR MEMBER
Joined
Dec 20, 2017
Messages
1,412
Reactions
40 1,347 38
Country
Pakistan
Location
Pakistan
This Arabic speaking Iranian kid is cursing the supreme leader of current Prime Minister of Pakistan.
 

BATMAN

SENIOR MEMBER
Joined
Dec 20, 2017
Messages
1,412
Reactions
40 1,347 38
Country
Pakistan
Location
Pakistan
another genocide in making. Human right agencies yet again failing to call mulla and allies from Pakistan as murderers.

 
Top