Iranian force 'seizes US ship' | Page 2 | World Defense

Iranian force 'seizes US ship'

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
I understand your idea, but it is still ludicrous. Now if the US just stood by with their thumbs up their bums over this, then yeah... your theory would be plausible. But they sent a destroyer over there demanding the ship and its crew back... that blows (no pun intended) your theory off the map.

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I understand your idea, but it is still ludicrous. Now if the US just stood by with their thumbs up their bums over this, then yeah... your theory would be plausible. But they sent a destroyer over there demanding the ship and its crew back... that blows (no pun intended) your theory off the map.

It's ludicrous on you opinion due to the unfamiliarity with the conflicts in the ME ,but anyway this is the fact.This is the politics ,where no limits for doubtful and unbelievable actions .Especially in Obama presidency we saw many things,so I expect more .If we would talk in a military way , if Iran would commit such a stupid action without prior permission from U.S then we can say bye bye Iran.The United States Fifth Fleet in Bahrain which is part from U.S NAVY can deal with Iran in few minutes, the distance separating them is less than 400 km .Which is means that was NOT coincidental because there is no chance for Iran to mess with U.S Navy .Moreover, to wipe of your theory :D ,there is huge gap between U.S military equipment & hardware and Iran equipment & hardware . The U.S marine patrols radars and planes will detect Iran's ships before doing that .(the tech play a role here ):)

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
I am surprised this happened, and also it does look like Iran is not a real friend as they took the US ship and now the USA sent a destroyer and wander what will happen now. This could be a power play and also shows that the country does not trust ships that come near them and capture them and seem to enjoy their victory for now. The USA will not let this just go like that, and wander will violence happen due to this or will they talk it out for now before it get's that far.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
I'm not sure what I believe. I don't consider any of the ideas and theories very outlandish. One of the reasons I'm so torn is because they haven't publicized it as much as I would expect them to if it really was something we were going to go to war over. The people (us) will never know what's going in behind closed doors or what they may try to work out.

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
Did this event really happened or was it just propaganda that was being spread? I don't think Iran would be stupid enough to seize a US ship with its crew unless they were a direct threat to the security of Iran. This is just a bunch of propaganda that is aimed at giving the world a further negative view of Iran.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
Did this event really happened or was it just propaganda that was being spread? I don't think Iran would be stupid enough to seize a US ship with its crew unless they were a direct threat to the security of Iran. This is just a bunch of propaganda that is aimed at giving the world a further negative view of Iran.
That would be dirty and sheisty and manipulative and an insult to every american's intelligence. That being said, it isn't that far fetched, really... If you're right, I think there would have to be some kind of truth mixed up in there. I don't mean what we consider truth, but the government's kind of truth... same stuff an unorganized schizophrenic would come up with after a week long binge.

pcgamer

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
India
That is the result of Obama foreign policy. Shaking hands with the Mullah of Iran and in return you get a slap.
I concur. Obama's foreign policy has failed miserably. They are not sure what to do now. It doesn't look like they are going to be able to stabilize the Middle East nor are they going to counter China. India isn't going to play in hands on US.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
I concur. Obama's foreign policy has failed miserably. They are not sure what to do now. It doesn't look like they are going to be able to stabilize the Middle East nor are they going to counter China. India isn't going to play in hands on US.
Didnt India already make friends with China? For the past while, even though nobody wants war, it seems like everyone is actively securing who their allies are going to be.