Iraq inquiry delayed again | World Defense

Iraq inquiry delayed again

Gabriel

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
There is another delay to the Iraq inquiry ordered by Gordon Brown, looking into evidence of whether those involved knew it was an illegal war. The inquiry is due to to be published after the election in May, but there is still no guarantee of this.

Accusations that Blair is behind this delay have surfaced and he indeed will have to face many more questions when it is published as well as Bush. Will the ICC have enough evidence to bring any charges against any parties if any are sought?

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I've just read an article on the BBC News website where Blair is claiming that he wants the results of the inquiry, including his personal notes to Bush, to be published. Apparently, he feels as though this will help him to explain his case better. Knowing that there's no chance of anything being published for a good few months yet though, he could well be bluffing!

Here's the article I read if anyone's interested...BBC News - Iraq War report: Publication 'far better' for me says Blair

Gabriel

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I don't believe Blair for a nanosecond and most people wouldn't. He will blame Bush anyhow so where does that leave us? Two countries who waged an illegal war and covered it up? The UN didn't sanction that attack and the US decided it was a threat to their country and created emergency powers and laws to deal with this, but the UK wasn't hit (until 7/7 as a result) so what case do they have or rather Blair?