Is America Still a Military Superpower? | Page 2 | World Defense

Is America Still a Military Superpower?

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
No one in it's sane mind, except terrorists of course, think about attacking the US, that is obvious, but at the same time aren't the US putting defense on top of other basic interests, like poverty and such in their own country? Is that justifiable?

Metadoom

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
7 1 0
Country
USA
No one in it's sane mind, except terrorists of course, think about attacking the US, that is obvious, but at the same time aren't the US putting defense on top of other basic interests, like poverty and such in their own country? Is that justifiable?

I believe it is but some how I don't think it carries the same weight as it use to. Please don't ask me what I mean by that I don't know yet.

TinVanMan

Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
I find it hard to describe the U.S. as anything other than a "superpower." Even if you totally disagree with what they are doing, they have a lot of sway on the world stage. They have spent a lot of money, and a lot of lives have been lost but it has not caused a downfall of civilization. Now, the quality of that civilization it has created is open for debate but whatever it is, it is definitely a superpower.

rofltank

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
Yes, of course the United States is a military super power, arguably the strongest and most advanced in the world. We spend billions of dollars improving and keeping our military consistent. A lot of people state that our government is corrupt and we are spending too much money on our military, but that doesn't disregard the fact that we aren't a superior nation. Don't forget to note that our own civilians own guns and are more than happy to serve their country either if they're drafted or if an enemy is on our lands.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
America is still undoubtedly a superpower but it's sad to know that it is on the verge of fading away. I don't know why America is a bit bland now but it has something to do with the 2008 economic crisis which marred the country's reputation a great deal. Once the economy falls, your reputation as a military power becomes doubtful.

wahmed

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think the amount of conflict and fighting US does they have to keep updated with equipment and technique. This makes army very efficient

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
America is still undoubtedly a superpower but it's sad to know that it is on the verge of fading away. I don't know why America is a bit bland now but it has something to do with the 2008 economic crisis which marred the country's reputation a great deal. Once the economy falls, your reputation as a military power becomes doubtful.

Yeah I agree with you. Despite the military power,economy makes difference here between who can do whatever he want at anytime and who can't do.I can see many countries owns the military power , but can't go through heavy missions due to the limits of their economic capabilities.Russia is simple example.It has the military power ,but their economy is going worse day after day.. I consider that as a temporary power won't last long.

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
I believe it is but some how I don't think it carries the same weight as it use to. Please don't ask me what I mean by that I don't know yet.

This is somewhat of a random post Metadoom, are you trolling the discussion here?

That is why Russia is still a superpower too despite their population lives in poverty, they have the weapons to create fear in their opponents.

JPB_003

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
I think we are definitely still a global superpower. Whatever we lack, we make up in other ways. Just take a look at the numbers of what we have and you will see no other country comes close to our aircraft carries, money spending, etc..

If we lack numbers and there is a serious threat, there are more than enough people willing to join at any moment.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Yeah I agree with you. Despite the military power,economy makes difference here between who can do whatever he want at anytime and who can't do.I can see many countries owns the military power , but can't go through heavy missions due to the limits of their economic capabilities.Russia is simple example.It has the military power ,but their economy is going worse day after day.. I consider that as a temporary power won't last long.
Well at least the US economy is bouncing back. Housing is said to completely recover in the next few years. It's currently getting there. I can't say the same for Russia, unfortunately. Putin sounds mighty desperate. No wonder he's eyeing the Balkan states this time. He's going to lay everything on the line to get the resources of other countries. Without a well-functioning economy, the military won't be able to sustain itself.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
I think we have the military and strategic know-how to be a superpower. We are falling short, though, because we have been turned into a joke. No one is afraid of a joke. Without that intimidation we're crippled.

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
I don't think that the US are turned into a joke, why do you say that kana? I do feel you are The superpower, but at the same time the Iraq wars have taken some credibility from the country, so maybe that's why you say joke right?

gmckee1985

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
Of course we are still a military super power. In fact we are THE military super power. We spend more on defense than most countries do combined. That being said, our military definitely needs to be invested in. We're spending too much money nation building and not enough money investing in new technology and taking care of our men and women in uniform. While I understand people are tired of war and conflict we can't really afford to pull back from the rest of the world. Too many grave dangers and challenges are out there.

westmixxin

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
America is the number one military superpower. Why do you think one country could also many other country so much money and not be invaded. That's because they have enough weapons to blow up every single country in the world 10 times over. So no matter how much money we owe China or Japan they'll never calling their Debt because they know they can't bully us were pretty much bullying them to be honest.

Metadoom

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
7 1 0
Country
USA
Feasibility...Its not feasible or in the best interest of any country be it China or Russia or whomever to invade the US. Even with the military power of these two they could not totally occupy the US. Same with Russia and China, theres no feasibility in invading those countries either. The US as a superpower has dwindle a little with the Obama administration.