Is America to distracted by its internal affairs? | World Defense

Is America to distracted by its internal affairs?

TinVanMan

Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
It is many years since we were a truly isolationist country but we still have a tendency to ignore most of what the rest of the world is doing. The exceptions are places where we have immediate interests. We have military people everywhere put we still ignore many of those places (think Germany). To me, it seems like this has caused us to fall behind in large aspects (like universal health care) because we are so busy fighting each other. Do you think this is really a problem or am I making to much of it?

Rebel

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
19 1 0
Country
USA
It is many years since we were a truly isolationist country but we still have a tendency to ignore most of what the rest of the world is doing. The exceptions are places where we have immediate interests. We have military people everywhere put we still ignore many of those places (think Germany). To me, it seems like this has caused us to fall behind in large aspects (like universal health care) because we are so busy fighting each other. Do you think this is really a problem or am I making to much of it?

Personally I think you're making too much of it. Every nation is different. We don't need to be like another nation because we're original. Take Universal Healthcare for example - in most nations that have such a program it's been a terrible program where sub par healthcare is available and more costly procedures are out of reach even to those who need it (research the term death panels). America is a melting pot. It's a true example of democracy in action. All the bickering is what gets us going, keeps us moving, and allows us to be the best. Who wants to be in a nation that agrees with each other all the time?

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
For a nation that loves to act like it is the moral authority of the world, the USA is rotten internally and many of the human rights violations it accuse others have is right there in the US. The US is one of if not the most racist society and also the issues with the police profiling people base on race is very rampant.

Rebel

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
19 1 0
Country
USA
For a nation that loves to act like it is the moral authority of the world, the USA is rotten internally and many of the human rights violations it accuse others have is right there in the US. The US is one of if not the most racist society and also the issues with the police profiling people base on race is very rampant.

Knowing that you cannot back up anything you've said here with facts....I'm still going to ask you to back up your argument. In my opinion you're talking out of your ass (with a clear hate for America).

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
I don't think it's typically a major issue. Right now, since the only purpose congress serves AT ALL is to screw over our president, its become a serious issue. Anything that Obama tries to accomplish, domestic or foreign, they screw up the best they can. It's almost put us at a stand still, domestically and foreign both.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
Personally I think you're making too much of it. Every nation is different. We don't need to be like another nation because we're original. Take Universal Healthcare for example - in most nations that have such a program it's been a terrible program where sub par healthcare is available and more costly procedures are out of reach even to those who need it (research the term death panels). America is a melting pot. It's a true example of democracy in action. All the bickering is what gets us going, keeps us moving, and allows us to be the best. Who wants to be in a nation that agrees with each other all the time?
You said it very well. I would just like to add that the domestic squabbling, and all the social "issues," like racism, homosexual marriage, etc. are parts of a smokescreen. These are NOT things we should be worried about when hordes of God knows who is streaming across our borders, and the world is blowing up all around us. Those are the real issues we need to be addressing (a long time ago), not whether Harry loves Joe, or women can kill their babies, or punks who attack cops should be shot!

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
Who the hell are you? Jealous much? We don't have institutional racism in our country! You couldn't begin to understand the difference between profiling based on race, and profiling based on patterns of behavior! There is nothing wrong with profiling in general.We all do it every day. If a nutjob is running loose in my neighborhood, I need to know what gender and color he is, now don't I?