Is India and China at power race? | World Defense

Is India and China at power race?

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
I been talking to @Zhengzhou about China's projects in foreign countries and we discussed part of India's economic projects in foreign countries as well. to me it seems China and India both are at an arms race to an extent, as well as a political race by developing foreign nations.

I'm sorry for keeping posting these, but I love having debates/discussion's like this

Zhengzhou

Reactions
338 5 0
Country
China
not truly at an arms race with India, because India's economy can't afford it and their defence budget is not as large as ours, ours is 2x times the size of theirs. The only thing India is further ahead in, is having better ASW/MPA models, but we are catching up in this field quickly.
also we have a better defence industry, of course we might buy some technology and weapons from Russia and Ukraine sometimes, But India has to import weapons from ~5 countries and even that they have a new supplier coming into their market, South Korea.

in economic news, we spent Billions on our own economy, before we got to the level we are now, where we are helping these foreign nations in major projects. India still really hasn't spent much on their economy, but yet jumping to help develop other countries and handing loans, when they need to clean up their country, invest in dams, highways, improve their education system etc.

one thing, Indians won't admit is we might get an Industrial park in India
also Modi wants a Bullet train service to connect Kunming to Kolkata

but yet India never "invests" in Chinese projects, proposals §§•%-}
hope this kind sums it up bro \~/\~/

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
never knew about the Chinese investment, JV projects in India that is surprisingly shocking. I thought Japan was suppose to help them in their ICE train development to, what ever happened to that?

also India has been buying a ton of new weapons, so will any of these be a concern to China or not so much?

Zaslon

Reactions
677 7 0
Country
Russian Federation
unofficially the two are at an arms race, Modi just claims the recent weapon purchases are only to "counter Pakistan" which is bs, since one of the first things on India's list is to build 4 new nuclear powered ballistic missile submarines, capable of carrying 12 K-15 SLBMs, and India themselves has the K-4 currently under development, the only other country in the region with this capability is China.

however if you discuss their main weaponry purchases, most of it's based on modernizing their military and or opening new defence relations with countries, and Modi still continues expand his forces, since some still use the Bren LMG, which is considerably outdated.

on the economic note, I have to agree with @Zhengzhou, it is quite pathetic they are spending hundreds of millions in foreign countries but hardly anything at home, which is actually causing people to lose their faith within Modi's government, he promised them 100 smart cities, and to surpass both the British and Japanese economies by the 2020's yet, it doesn't look like it will happen and they pushed back their goal of being a superpower by 2020 to 2030.

China on the other hand, surpassed Modi's goals, and has began major defence projects such as the Type 001 and 002 carrier projects, Type 075 LHD project, JL-3 has been tested, looking to increase their Su-35 fleet and so on. China has also improved many countries by their economic projects and they even formed 2 major economic corridors: CPEC and CMEC, both which have been a success and helped improved both the Pakistani and Burmese economies, what has India done to really accomplish any said achievement except for some small investments here and there.