IS-inspired militants on offensive in southern Philippines | World Defense

IS-inspired militants on offensive in southern Philippines

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
There is deepening fears in Mindanao, south of the Philippines, where militants fighting in the name of ISIS groups are escalating attacks. Analysts said that the military activities of the region's main Moro rebel group was due to the failed peace agreement called BBL (Bangsamoro Basic Law). A series of battles with the government's army were instigated by rebels who have pledged alegiance to the jihadists that are controlling areas in Iraq and Syria.

IS-inspired militants on offensive in Mindanao | Inquirer Global Nation

explorerx7

Reactions
37 1 0
Country
Jamaica
I can understand this being a very worrying situation for the South Philippines inhabitants. It's is well known that ISIS group members are very brutal when confronting those who are deemed to be in opposition to their cause. I hope the Philippines army will be able to keep these insurgents in check, which would their ability to cause mayhem.

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
on Facebook i heard from my Filipino friends that the Philippines Army already began fighting the IS affiliated groups. The Philippines should follow in Sri Lanka's footsteps and actually began an "all out war" against the insurgents.