Is Jordan Responsible for the death of Kayla Mueller ? | World Defense

Is Jordan Responsible for the death of Kayla Mueller ?

JoanMcWench

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
I have a pretty specific question. If it happens that ISIS is not lying about the cause of the death of Kayla Mueller should Jordan take any responsibility or did she just become a statistic as a casualty of war?

Now, of course, it's tough to give ISIS any credit when it comes to honestly disclosing the facts but if there is non-negotiable evidence? Perhaps, video proof of the event? Should Jordan have to answer for their actions in any way?

Last edited:

terryse

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
Philippines
Jordan has done its part by bombarding the enemy, why take the blame? The killer of Kyla Mueller is responsible , simple and clear.

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Euro
Umm.. an aid worker goes into a conflict zone and gets killed and you want to blame a country that has pretty much nothing to do with the whole thing? Can you clarify as to why exactly Jordan is to be blamed, since I can't see any connection.

JoanMcWench

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
I think you are assuming to ask the question I have already answered it. I have not. If you're asking do I find Jordan to be responsible for an aid worker going into a conflict zone? No, I do not. If you are, in a roundabout way, asking me why I am asking this sort of question then this is because I wanted to get deeper into the reason some may feel Jordan has some responsibility. I also don't plan on condemning them for holding said feelings given there is a depth to their reasoning.

RingoBerry

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Malaysia
I guess the details are a little sketchy. ISIS might have killed Kayla out of spite while the airstrike was happening and then hoped to use it as a fuse to start a feud between Jordan and the US. We will never know really, but one thing is sure, if she wasn't held hostage then she wouldn't have died. They took her and kept her for 18 months. She was their responsibility and she died during her captivity. At the same time, Jordan wouldn't have attacked ISIS if they hadn't executed the pilot. So regardless what way I look at the situation, it is ISIS' fault.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Who took Kayla Mueller in the first place and held her hostage? As far as everyone knows, it's ISIS and not Jordan. Had those false prophets left Kayla alone, she wouldn't have had to die in that airstrike. They kept her in an area where she would surely get hit. Jordan is just doing its part to reduce ISIS numbers and prevent them from harming more innocent people. No one's to blame for her untimely death but ISIS.

Radix24

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Philippines
Definitely ISIS. Jordan should not be blamed for what happened to Kayla Mueller. She was under ISIS custody and any blame should be towards the captors. ISIS provoked Jordan into retaliation, and the airstrikes were the result. There is also a lack of proof on that end, so ISIS might just be trying to cause friction between US and Jordan. They might be hoping that this would at least buy them some time.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Whilst Kayla Mueller may well have died as a result of the Jordanian air strikes, she wouldn't be dead if she hadn't been held hostage would she? All ISIS are trying to do is divert the blame from themselves. Don't let them fool you!

RingoBerry

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Malaysia
Now they are saying that Muller herself denied to be rescued. One man pretended to be her husband just so they can get her away from ISIS but she blatantly denied it, even her captors asked and all she said that she's always been honest. The FBI is also saying that she became an ISIS bride and converted to Islam. This was based on how her body was treated with more respect compared to other male hostages. So if its true and she was willing to stay with ISIS, what does that exactly mean?

wise_turtle

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
ISIS probably took the opportunity to kill her since she was a big liability and filming a grisly execution video for her would have been problematic even for them. Even if the strikes did take her out, it's certainly not a reason to not have done them. Defeating ISIS is not going to be easy and if concern over the life of a single hostage damages the resolve to strike them then, it makes it difficult to see how they can be eventually defeated.