Is swimming necessary to join the army? | Page 3 | World Defense

Is swimming necessary to join the army?

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
I checked into it, you do NOT have to know how to swim to join the military. Just doggy paddle for the Navy. However, knowing how to swim is a good thing for you in the long run. So it would not hurt to take lessons.

elmarianexx

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Swimming is necessary to join the army, but hey it's something easy to learn.
There's many swimming lessons you can take part in and you will with no time enjoy it and don't be fearful about it.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
Swimming is necessary to join the army, but hey it's something easy to learn.
There's many swimming lessons you can take part in and you will with no time enjoy it and don't be fearful about it.

Your Army requires the soldier to know how to swim? Interesting. The US Army does not. The Navy only requires you to know how to doggy paddle. I'm not 100% on the Marines or Coast Guard, but as far as I know... they don't have a swimming requirement either.

May102014

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
6 0 0
Country
USA
I think swimming certainly is a requirement in joining the army. You will be trained (combative training) on different environments. It means being well-rounded and being set on grounds that you are way out of your comfort zones.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
I think swimming certainly is a requirement in joining the army. You will be trained (combative training) on different environments. It means being well-rounded and being set on grounds that you are way out of your comfort zones.

Its not. I grew up on a Army base and I have many friends in the army. Quite a few do not know how to swim.