Is The Price Of Gold Going To Recover | World Defense

Is The Price Of Gold Going To Recover

Charity

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
I know that gold is down right now, but I am curious if you think the price of gold is going to go back up? I know gold seems to vary quite a bit, but with the market being unstable does this mean Gold will recover to the point it was at several months ago.

galmal

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
Unfortunately, you'd have to have a crystal ball to know the answer to that. As with all investments, it's hard to know what will happen with any commodity. Personally, I think the value of gold has been unrealistically inflated over the past 5-6 years, and what we are seeing now, with the price coming down, is a natural correction of that inflation. Over a long period of time, the price will go up, just like it does with everything, but it's hard to say if it will outperform other investments.

InspiredToWrite

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think the lure of gold has an appeal as old as time. When times are bleak, when people don't trust governments or institutions like dishonest banks people retreat back to their cave. We have an instinct to hoard the visible and the safe option when we feel most threatened. Gold will continue to ride the highs and the lows.

globulon

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
Canada
It will likely rise again in the long-term. As galmal mentioned, gold for the past while has been priced much much higher than its actual market value. This drop more accurately reflects its "true" price.

Onionman

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
Gold tends to be a "state of the world" investment - when the world is recovering, it tends to lag, while it does well when the world is going to the dogs. Obviously, the quantitative easing regime has shifted the dynamic somewhat, particularly encouraging speculation. But fundamentally it's still going to move with the ups and downs of the world and inflation. And that's why people still use it as a hedge in their portfolios.

Stims

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think gold is destined for a life of ups and downs! I just hope that overall it eventually rises as i have always had an ambition to invest in gold.

drc65

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Gold has always had value through human history, even if it lost 99% of it's value people would still require it for jewellery and electronics. Personally I think it will rise in value over the next 50 years, given that the electronics industry is growing rapidly and technology is constantly evolving. At the very least it will retain it's value as it is required for the construction of more sophisticated electronics.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Eventually gold prices will go up. It won't take long. The prices may drop but there's a point beyond which they won't drop. And once they hit that bottom, then there's only direction the prices can head — UP. It may take several months or even a year, [but] at some point, gold prices will start going up. So for investors, this is the right time to buy gold.

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
I really do think that it's going to recover as it was months ago. Because for a long time, gold has been a precious metal and that costs really expensive. The drop will only be temporary. Soon, it's going to resurge, and expect that it's expensive as it has never been that only ultra-rich people can afford. And despite of its price drop, it's still not cheap!

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
You can never be too sure with the market. Ever since I can remember, market stability has always been temporary. It fluctuates every now and then and there are just as much periods of growth as there are low moments. Now, when you consider the market's movement since time immemorial, you'd understand that gold's current situation is probably no different. After a period of recovery, the price will experience highs and lows in the future.

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
I honestly thought the price of gold was inflated and the current decrease was a sign of the global market starting to stabilize. Sure, it was nice for some people for the price of gold to be so high. Now, I'm not expecting the price of gold to dose dive. It will always be a precious commodity, but it ebbs and flows just like all commodities.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
In the market, whatever goes up must come down and whatever goes down must come up. This is an indisputable fact of life in the market place. Why? You see, when gold price go low enough, there will be people who will start buying it up to take advantage of the low prices. Their buying action itself will bring up the price of gold. When the price gets high enough, people will start selling to make profit from the high prices. Then the price of gold will drop.

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
In the market, whatever goes up must come down and whatever goes down must come up. This is an indisputable fact of life in the market place. Why? You see, when gold price go low enough, there will be people who will start buying it up to take advantage of the low prices. Their buying action itself will bring up the price of gold. When the price gets high enough, people will start selling to make profit from the high prices. Then the price of gold will drop.
Aree, I'm glad you are here. I was thinking this, but honestly couldn't put it into words. I'm like "uhhh, up and down good." It's basically supply and demand economics. It also effects the price of the American dollar in relation to other world currency, since our dollar is backed by a gold (fill in word here). Ugh, the word finding difficulty is strong with this one this morning. Excuse me, while I go take my meds. Gold standard! Yes! There it is. Off to the med closet!

Mackmax

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
The price of gold will definitely go up, then down, then up again, and so on and so forth. Gold jewelry will continue to be a very poplar item, which will cause the prices to rise. Once Pandora or Tiffany comes out with a new line of gold rings, the gold slump will be over, lol. The price of gold all depends on the demand. Since the demand is rather low right now, the prices are low as well.

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
I didn't know that it was down to begin with, but I'm hoping that sooner rather than later the price of gold goes back up dramatically! I mean it always goes up and down like a crazy roller coaster ride all of the time, so it's obvious that it will go back up again, it just depends on how long it's going to take to shoot back up again!