Is the USA on the Verge of Civil War? | World Defense

Is the USA on the Verge of Civil War?

Uncle Doc J

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
USA
I ask because Jon Stewart (of COMEDY CENTRAL's The Daily Show) was so distraught (over the recent shooting in a "black church") that he couldn't do his job because he felt it was his duty* to comment on what a sad state-of-affairs "racism" has apparently justified ... in the Middle East, they've got Sunnis at war with Shias over the difference in religion; but here in America, the color-of-your-skin/roots-of-your-heritage are an INSTANT 'declaration of war' against all the other shades!

Or is it? Is there really a racial war in America, or is this another case of 'a few people-with-guns using mass-destruction to misrepresent the peaceful silent majority?

*... heh-heh-heh--doody::) ... and if Jon Stewart had only added that, he wouldn't have failed so flatulently!

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure if I'd call it a "war" as such but, from an outsider's point of view, it does often seem as though the USA is divided.

Having said that, everything I hear about the USA comes from the media. Therefore it is unlikely to be true.

Psyche

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
New Zealand
From Charles Manson to this latest got Dylann Storm Gutters (or whatever) it seems there is always a weirdo in the wings who links a good ol' spree killing will start of the great American Race War (TM).

Off course they are always wrong, because they are complete frelling nuts. American society in general still has far too much to lose to want to get involves in the chaos and break down of civil order that an actual war actually involves. The US middle class no longer even accepts voluntary career soldiers getting killed in wars, let alone exposing their own precious asses and rose gardens and pet schnauzers to that kind of risk.

Ain't gonna happen. There is a reason why riots happen in ghettos where people have nothing to lose, and do not spread any further.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Let's say that church shooting incident is a wake up call for the authorities to do their part in the peace and order department. When people are killed in broad daylight, the public seems to be jolted with the reality and sometimes think that the cops are doing nothing. But civil war? I guess it's far from it.... hoping I am correct.

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
And what has caused one to think that the US is on the brink of a civil war? What is there to fight for? Any war would more likely be a race war and not a civil war. The US will have a revolution if events of the nature of the church attack continues.

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
I don't see any evidence of an impending race war. I do believe there are people who make quite a comfortable living by stirring up racial hatred, though. The press is in business to sell stories and the advertisements that go along with them, so of course it's in their best interests to create or fan the flames of controversy, because it pays the bills.

If you look at the racial makeup of America, 'minorities', when grouped together, are the actual majority, and more and more Americans are inter-marrying, so it's unlikely that those huge groups plan to participate in any type of negative activity that would serve to rip apart their families and/or communities.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
The way the lower class is being treated, (regardless of race), is getting to the point that there's going to be lot more people who feel like they have nothing to lose. And not all of them from the ghetto, either. Do I believe a civil war is imminent? I think it's possible. It's one of those things that tend to happen now and again. The government that was created BY THE PEOPLE and FOR THE PEOPLE, apparently doesn't realize that the millions of people struggling right now are the "people" they're referring to... Not the billionaires.

heavyinfantry

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Italy
I don't think so, even if recent "riots" and manifestation agains the police are quite unusual in America, here in Europe, this happens every day and we are kind of get used to hear something like this.