ISIS attacks in Saudi Arabia | World Defense

ISIS attacks in Saudi Arabia

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Thread for any ISIS attacks in Saudi Arabia, many people like to advance narrative that Saudi Arabia founded and is funding ISIS. It's not the case, and the situation across the region is complicated. Depending on context, certain parties may provide indirect benefit.

Anyway, ISIS has launched two attacks recently, which haven't gotten much attention, RIP to the officers.

Saudi security officer shot dead in attack claimed by ISIS

Assailants shot dead a senior Saudi security officer west of the capital Riyadh on Tuesday, the interior ministry said in a statement carried by state media, and the attack was claimed by ISIS.

Saudi state news agency SPA quoted an interior ministry spokesman as saying that the officer, Colonel Kitab Majed al-Hammadi, was shot dead in the al-Arja area of al-Dawadimi province west of the Saudi capital.

The spokesman said security authorities were investigating the killing.

ISIS’ Amaq news website said the group's Saudi branch, known as the Nejd Province, carried out the attack and identified Hammadi as the director of internal security in the al-Quwayiyah region.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2016/04/05/Saudi-security-officer-shot-dead-in-attack-claimed-by-ISIS.html

Najd Province: Isis ally claims responsibility for fatal double bomb attack in Saudi Arabia

Najd Province, an affiliate of Islamic State (Isis) has claimed responsibility for the bombing of a police station in al-Dalam, Saudi Arabia. The terrorist group said its members detonated two explosive devices outside the police building on 2 April.

In a statement to the Saudi state news agency SPA, the Saudi Interior Ministry confirmed that one person was killed in the explosion.

Najd Province: Isis ally claims responsibility for fatal double bomb attack in Saudi Arabia

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Attacker has been caught.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Of course no one cares the slightest but if such thing happens elsewhere you will see the whole world speaking of it.

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Of course no one cares the slightest but if such thing happens elsewhere you will see the whole world speaking of it.
I agree with your statement. We have this on the example of Paris attacks. We all felt so sorry and sad about it and it was mainly because people appreciate urban areas more then rural. To simple minds, and they are majority of course, not all people are the same. Nigerian kid's life is nothing in comparison its counterpart in France. It is awful really.

Tigoci

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
4 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I agree with your statement. We have this on the example of Paris attacks. We all felt so sorry and sad about it and it was mainly because people appreciate urban areas more then rural. To simple minds, and they are majority of course, not all people are the same. Nigerian kid's life is nothing in comparison its counterpart in France. It is awful really.
I think it's a little more complicated than that. I could be wrong, though. It's not really something you can count or gather statistics on, it just really is my thoughts.

Now, the media are a bunch of companies. Like all companies, they are in pursuit of profit and continued growth. From a European perspective, I think the reason for the increased attention around attacks like the one in France is because of the cultural, political and geographical bond between our countries. Look at it this way: our fundamental values, climate, and political system are next to identical with the other European countries. As such, we have a much easier time relating to say the french than Nigerians. And I mean no harm to Nigerians saying that - I'm just pointing out how different our cultures are.
Coming back on the topic of the media, they ultimately are interested in publicizing what we want to hear, because that'll get them the traffic, the ratings and ultimately the money. We, the people, would rather listen more to stories that we can relate to than some involving people we don't really relate to that well and frankly don't know much about.

While it might be putting it out on a limb, I don't think it's much different than how I care more about my close family members than I do to the rest of society. It's not that I don't care for human loss outside of my family, but it just doesn't matter as much to me.

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
So,for the next time:dont show the Burj Khalifa in the French colors.(:&

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Saudi authorities bust ISIS cell near Makkah

Saudi security forces on Thursday busted a cell of five alleged ISIS fighters in the Saudi city of Makkah, authorities said. Two of the militants were killed in the ensuing firefight, while two blew themselves up.

"The security authorities succeeded in their operation against a number of ISIS partisans holed up at a recreational area in Makkah," the local authorities said in a tweet. Makkah is Islam's holiest city and key site of the annual hajj pilgrimage.

Authorities gave no details, but sources said that the forces surrounded a group of men in the Wadi Noman area south of the city where a group of five ISIS fighters had been hiding.

In another parallel operation in Jeddah, security forces carried out a raid on a house, arresting two suspects. A bomb squad was deployed to the house after the operation.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2016/05/05/Saudi-busts-ISIS-cell-near-Makkah.html

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I'm curious with that post about media not bothering to cover ISIS attacks in Saudi Arabia. I am assuming this is the western media. Do you mean to say that western media is prejudiced with Saudi Arabia?

I wonder how ISIS have infiltrated Saudi Arabia. Some colleagues who used to work in Saudi Arabia said that discipline in Saudi Arabia is so strict likewise with security particularly in Riyadh where the king's palace is located and also in Mecca (Makkah) where the pilgrimage is held. Maybe ISIS is good in their strategy as to escape the eyes of the cops.

remnant

Reactions
8 1 0
Country
Kenya
What I have observed is that there is a raging low intensity warfare in Saudi Arabia. The reason these news don't feature prominently is that SA has a tightly controlled media. The country has the advantage of highly trained and equipped special forces and an efficient intelligence service which confers it the ability to take on radical elements.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Saudi soldier killed in gunbattle with militants

A Saudi soldier died in a gunbattle with militants in the western Taif region outside Makkah on Sunday, state news agency SPA said.

Two assailants opened fire on a police station before retreating to the mountain village of Thaqeef where the soldier, named as private Saeed al-Harithy, was killed in an exchange of fire, SPA reported.

Troops found an explosive vest and bomb-making material and the security operation was ongoing, the news agency added.

Saudi forces have been caught up in an escalating confrontation with ISIS militants in the last week after troops shot dead two ISIS fighters and two others blew themselves up in a raid on their compound outside the holy city of Mecca on Thursday.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2016/05/08/Saudi-soldier-killed-in-gunbattle-with-militants-.html

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Breaking:

Multiple bombings hit Saudi Arabian cities in one day

State-linked Saudi news websites say an explosion has gone off outside one of Islam's holiest sites in the city of Medina, the same day that two suicide bombers struck different cities in Saudi Arabia.

The Sabq news site reported that the explosion took place Monday evening. Other sites showed images of what appeared to be a fire outside one of the buildings overlooking the Prophet's Mosque. It was not immediately clear if anyone was killed or wounded.

The sprawling mosque where the prophet Muhammad is buried is visited by millions of Muslims from around the world each year during pilgrimages to Mecca and Medina. The area would have been teeming with pilgrims for prayer during the final days of the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, which ends this week.

The Interior Ministry could not be immediately reached for comment.

Earlier Monday evening, a resident in the largely Shiite eastern Saudi Arabian region of Qatif said a suicide bomber and a car bomb had struck a neighborhood there, but that no injuries were immediately reported.

Mohammed Nimr told the Associated Press that the bomber detonated his suicide vest when most residents of the neighborhood were at home breaking the Ramadan fast.

On Monday morning, a suicide bomber carried out an attack near a U.S. diplomatic site in the western Saudi city of Jiddah.

The ministry said the attacker in Jiddah detonated his suicide vest when security guards approached him near the parking lot of a hospital. The attacker died and two security men were wounded with minor injuries, according to the ministry statement, which was published by the state-run Saudi Press Agency. Some cars in the parking lot were damaged.

http://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-saudi-arabia-bombing-20160704-snap-story.html

RIP and speedy recovery to victims.

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
Blast strikes near prophet’s mosque in Saudi
44dafaf2-8832-4460-8f53-bf36441636cc_16x9_788x442.png

A photo from social media reportedly shows a flaming car from a bombing in the parking lot of the Al-Haram Al-Nabawi, the Prophet Mohammad's mosque, in the city of Madinah on Monday, July 4, 2016 (Photo courtesy: Twitter)
Staff writer, Al Arabiya English Monday, 4 July 2016

Two Saudi security force members were killed on Monday after a suicide bombing took place in Madinah near the prophet’s mosque, the Al-Haram Al-Nabawi, regarded as one of Islam's holiest sites.

Al Arabiya News Channel’s correspondent said the suicide bombing took place in a parking lot between the city court and the mosque, visited by millions every year. The channel showed images of fire raging in a parking lot with at least one body seen nearby. The suicide bomber also died in the attack.

The attack near the prophet's mosque took place during Maghreb prayers, the time when Muslims break their fast during the holy month of Ramadan.

Security forces have cordoned off the area.

Two million visitors have so far arrived at Al-Haram Al-Nabawi during Ramadan to finish recitation of the Quran. The correspondent said the visitors were undeterred and were heading to perform the Isha prayers, which take place soon after the inital fast-breaking prayer.

Two other suicide bombings also took place in the eastern city of Qatif on Monday evening after a foiled attack earlier in the day in Jeddah.

Al Arabiya News Channel’s correspondent said worshippers were unhurt following the attack.
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...in-two-Saudi-cities-after-earlier-blast-.html

Kusumo

Reactions
300 5 0
Country
Indonesia
This is getting and getting too far. I always wonder why a group of terror called them self islamic but most of the country they attack is moslem country? why they not attack israel, not even once. I wonder why.. It seems theres alot of hidden agenda about this ISIS thing. Thats why is so hard to clean up this mess.

My condolences to the victims. Rest in peace brothers...

إِنَّا للهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
This is getting and getting too far. I always wonder why a group of terror called them self islamic but most of the country they attack is moslem country? why they not attack israel, not even once. I wonder why.. It seems theres alot of hidden agenda about this ISIS thing. Thats why is so hard to clean up this mess.

My condolences to the victims. Rest in peace brothers...

إِنَّا للهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ

It's an unorganized regional rebellion, albeit one that is dangerous and will bring along with it more dangers. This pot has been stirred for decades now, so many mistakes the locals and the people of the world made, politically, that ignited more violence and more divisions. More importantly, for Sunni Arab world, there is power vacuum problem, in which governments are not able to bring about any outcomes, in Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Palestine or anywhere else, as a result young men are taking matters into their hands. Of course the Iranian-Arab struggle also inflames tensions. Then you have what they see as 'social degradation' across the Muslim world. Where some Muslim nations are taking somewhat of a secular direction, allowing some Islamically prohibited things. So these individuals view the governments as illegitimate and vow to fight them.

The positive outcome, is it forming more common consensus among people of the region, and they are finding better ways to combat the extreme ideologies, and able to give sense of belonging to these young men. So both sides demands are beginning to be addressed and met in some cases. Now question is of is it too late or not, we'll find out.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
The attack happened inside a parking lot that belongs to the security forces near the Mosque. An attacker drove in and blow himself up right after the gate. One reported killed so far. This isn't some an individual work btw. RIP to the our heroes.