ISIS crucifies dozens for breaking ramadan fast | World Defense

ISIS crucifies dozens for breaking ramadan fast

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
ISIS Crucifies Dozens for Breaking Ramadan Fast - Breitbart

Eyewitnesses told the Syrian ARA News, “Those who break Ramadan are being crucified on electricity poles in Deir ez-Zor,” in eastern Syria.

“The roads are filled with crucified men who violated the group’s strict regulations during Ramadan. There are dozens of victims who remain hanged on electricity poles across the province,” they said.

ARA links to a video, published by activists, which purportedly shows people being “crucified alive” in the town of Hajin, a city to the east of Deir ez-Zor, for breaking the Ramadan fast without legitimate reason.

The video shows a man slowly driving his car down a main road while he passes at least nine men and boys tied to electric poles in the median of the street, with their arms stretched out and affixed to a crosspiece. The victims were placed about a block apart from each other, and some of the victims have signs placed around their necks.

According to Syrian activist Saray ad-Din, since the beginning of the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, ISIS has crucified dozens of civilians on charges of deliberately breaking the fast. This year, Ramadan extends from June 17 to July 17.

He said ISIS has also established another form of public punishment, placing some violators in public cages so that citizens can witness the ways ISIS mocks those who violate its strict religious regulations.

“The group made many cages to lock up these ‘fasting violators’ and show them to public in order to humiliate them among people. The alleged caliphate of al-Baghdadi has seen various kinds of punishments during Ramadan,” ad-Din said.

In late June, ISIS executed and crucified two children in Mayadin on similar charges of having violated the fast.

According to the British-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, the boys were seized after being found eating and were later killed with placards reading, “Not fasting in Ramadan” hung around their necks.

Psyche

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
New Zealand
Killing children for breaking fast is just about the most horrific thing I can think or and not at all defensible. Even to strongly reprimand a child they should be clearly post puberty which many of these boys are not. The goal after all is that people learn and evolve as the Prophet guides, that is if you care about the people at all.

Meanwhile in other nations Ramadan is seen as a time to not commit violent actions because it undermines the sanctity of the holy month: Pakistan suspends death penalty during Ramadan - US News

DancingLady

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
I hope that this kind of brutality ultimately does them in as everyone sees how insane it is and turns against them. That is truly he only good that can comes of this. No wonder Muslims are turning away from their faith and seeking to know about Jesus and the Christian faith. No one wants to live under such horror.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I am heartbroken with this news, considering that I was just reading an article about the goodness of ISIS. Don't get me wrong, I am only trying to get a clearer picture of what ISIS is all about. And that's the New York Times I was reading. Anyway, harming people for violating a religious tradition, that's really cruel. But to kill? I thought religion is voluntary and not a forced belief? What if those Muslims would convert to Christianity, what would ISIS do to them?

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
What if those Muslims would convert to Christianity, what would ISIS do to them?
ISIS kills anyone who doesn't embrace their ideology. They've beheaded hundreds of Christians and I suppose any Muslims who converts to Christianity would probably be burned alive.

Odd thing is, ISIS has been trying to get Muslims to move into their "Caliphate." With all these displays of savagery do they really believe people would be eager to emigrate to the Islamic State so they end up "decorating" electricity poles?