ISIS possibly might have chemical weapons, USA just killed ISIS chemical expert | World Defense

ISIS possibly might have chemical weapons, USA just killed ISIS chemical expert

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
ISIS possibly might have chemical weapons, or they are actively trying to get them. This adds a whole new element to the game. Unlike Iraq or Iran, ISIS does not know borders, possibly they might attempt to develop there weapons within countries which are allied with USA.

A chemical weapons expert with the Islamic State (IS) militant group in Iraq has been killed in a coalition airstrike, the US military has said.

Abu Malik's training provided IS with "expertise to pursue a chemical weapons capability", a statement said.

He served as a chemical weapons engineer under former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein, before joining al-Qaeda in Iraq and then IS, the US said.

BBC News - IS chemical weapons expert killed, says US military

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
A little confused as to why they would develop these weapons within countries that are allied with the US, but I'm jumping for joy we killed their chemicals expert. If the expert did not get a chance to develop any weapons yet, we wont have to worry about them ever getting built. If they do have some, we don't have to worry about him making any more. So it is a win win situation in my book. Now we just have to obliterate the rest of them and everything will be hunky dory.

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
A little confused as to why they would develop these weapons within countries that are allied with the US

ISIS has one advantage, they do not need to recognize borders. Pakistan is allied with USA, but the northern parts of Pakistan are sympathetic to the Taliban, so USA was having a problem with the Taliban attacking from Pakistan, then running back accross the border.

Saudi is allied with USA. If ISIS would start developing chemical weapons within Saudi they can use Saudi civilians as cover. Within Saudi there is probably a small minority of Muslims who are sympathetic to ISIS, they can use these guys to hide their actions.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
Still don't understand why it has anything to do with the US. Pakistan and Saudi could be allied with Peru and they would still use them. Has nothing to do with their affiliation with the US. Besides, you would think that they would be smart enough to avoid these countries because of their affiliation with the US. They are more likely to be caught this way.... after all, are we not known for looking under our own noses? LOL

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
This is really a good news. Science shouldn't be the cause of someone's suffering or an instrument to war and to massive killing. That chemical expert should have died a long time ago. But to know he has finally been killed, a relief came close to me.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
This is really a good news. Science shouldn't be the cause of someone's suffering or an instrument to war and to massive killing. That chemical expert should have died a long time ago. But to know he has finally been killed, a relief came close to me.

I agree. I have seen chemical warfare (old footage of course) and it is not pretty. I still have nightmares from time to time about it. No one should have to die like that. I don't care who you are or what you have done. Not even our enemies deserve that kind of death. It is slow and painful. It is rarely ever quick.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
I don't know if I should be happy or disappointed with this news. While the chemical expert has already died, no one can guarantee there aren't other chemical experts around. Moreover, even if he were the only expert ISIS managed to snag, he may have already imparted the knowledge to his brethren by the time he died. I am hoping his successors will mess up and fail to start a chemical warfare.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
I agree xTinx. Chemical warfare is the last thing anyone wants to see. Only cowards fight using bio and chemical weapons, they are to afraid to face their enemies. Let's just hope that ISIS (or anyone else) get what they need to make it happen.

Kamarsun1

Reactions
15 0 0
Country
USA
ISIS possibly might have chemical weapons, or they are actively trying to get them. This adds a whole new element to the game. Unlike Iraq or Iran, ISIS does not know borders, possibly they might attempt to develop there weapons within countries which are allied with USA.

A chemical weapons expert with the Islamic State (IS) militant group in Iraq has been killed in a coalition airstrike, the US military has said.

Abu Malik's training provided IS with "expertise to pursue a chemical weapons capability", a statement said.

He served as a chemical weapons engineer under former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein, before joining al-Qaeda in Iraq and then IS, the US said.

BBC News - IS chemical weapons expert killed, says US military
I'm pretty sure they have chemical weapons, there not that hard to come by, nowadays chemical weapons can be made right from your kitchen. I would like for them to mention what type of chemical weapons are they talking about. Fast Food can be considered a chemical weapon, truthfully speaking, I just can't trust everything I read.

kestas57

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Knowing what ISIS has been up to lately it wouldn't be at all surprising that they were trying to build chemical weapons. Imagine what they could do if they got hold of Nukes.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
He won't be the only expert they have, not by a long shot. There will be ISIS sympathizers all over the world and anyone could be working on something right now. Not that I want to scaremonger but this group have plenty more tricks up their sleeve yet.

RingoBerry

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Malaysia
I just hope that ISIS only had ONE expert on creating these weapons. If that was indeed the case then it is most certainly a good news, because even if they indeed manage to create any of those chemical weapons, they won't be too rash on using them on anyone since they have a limited supply but if they do have more than one person dedicated in arming them with such atrocities then we really may be facing a huge catastrophe in the future.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
It doesn't matter either way, sooner or later.... we will put a stop to them.