Islamic state war debate | World Defense

Islamic state war debate

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
The White House has started a debate on whether war against the Islamic State should advance or not. I don't know if I should laugh or cry at this, aren't they sure? Really?

Full story

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Oh my word, that really IS laughable. My favorite quote was...

"But in a letter to Congress accompanying the joint resolution, President Barack Obama writes that "if left unchecked, [the Islamic State] will pose a threat beyond the Middle East, including to the United States homeland."

So they don't pose a threat to the rest of the entire world NOW then?

Goblinforhire

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
Kenya
I don't know if I should laugh or cry at this

Do both. Laugh because those ISIS terrorists will finally get what''s coming to them in spades, cry because the men and women in the Armed forces will most likely die trying to rid the world of this plague. Either way the good guys and the bad guys will suffer, I really do hope that going to war will deplete ISIS support and resources.

Brady2121

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
Do both. Laugh because those ISIS terrorists will finally get what''s coming to them in spades, cry because the men and women in the Armed forces will most likely die trying to rid the world of this plague. Either way the good guys and the bad guys will suffer, I really do hope that going to war will deplete ISIS support and resources.

So true! It's sad knowing we will have to lose some soldiers to handle this problem.

CivilDefense

Reactions
12 1 0
Country
USA

Pretty much. The US can do nothing, let the monsters of ISIS take over, and the world will hate us for our inaction. Or we can send in massive military assets, our young people will die yet again in Iraq, ISIS will eventually be destroyed and (drum roll please) the world will hate us for overstepping our bounds.

Be that as it may, ISIS needs to perish. No civilized people, in North America, the Middle East, Europe, etc., can tolerate these murderous cretins. Eventually the civilized world is going to rise up and put them down like the rabid dogs that they are.

terryse

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
Philippines
ISIS is not only a direct threat to the United States but a lethal threat to the whole world. What is disconcerting is that they are attracting radical extremists in every corners of the world so there are cells of ISIS that you know are activated every time you hear of kidnapping for ransom and beheading of their victims, which are becoming a trademark of the atrocious activities of ISIS.

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal

That is what happens in wars really, people are always dead, but in fact we do have reasons to smiles when we see that ISIS is under attack and that their atrocities will stop when they are defeated.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Why are they debating over this? Asking such a question is moot and academic. With or without America's leadership, this war versus ISIS has already advanced. Egypt, Jordan, Kurdistan and Saudi Arabia have already launched air strikes and bombed IS camps. With every moment of delay, the US is losing face. If the country wants to keep its superpower title, then all the federal government needs to do is just go out there and kick ISIS arses.

Kjordo711

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
Unfortunately we are seeing that it just takes too much time for action to be taken. The world has seen the terror that these people can create, yet here we sit seeing he White House sitting here debating whether or not to put an end to the plague that is ISIS. I think an actual war is necessary to put an end to these militant barbarians, a war that can't be won just from the air.

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
Unfortunately we are seeing that it just takes too much time for action to be taken. The world has seen the terror that these people can create, yet here we sit seeing he White House sitting here debating whether or not to put an end to the plague that is ISIS. I think an actual war is necessary to put an end to these militant barbarians, a war that can't be won just from the air.
I don't believe in conspiracy theories and I appreciate the US in some cases, but it's role in the fighting against the ISIS is very questionable and suspicious.

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
It has to be suspicious blackeagle because most likely ISIS is using US weapons that they might have achieved directly or indirectly, so the US are most likely not feeling comfortable about it.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
This is actually taking so long. Will we have to wait another decade before someone shoots a sniper at Baghdadi? It took more or less a decade for US to eradicate Bin Laden. By then, hundreds and thousands of people already died because of random suicide bombings. I don't know if Obama is hatching a plan with his Defense Secretary or he's wary about what Congress has to say. Whatever it is, he should decide soon.

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
I think it is full time that the US use ground troops to fight ISIS out of Iraq and Syria. ISIS is getting out of hand now and they are so brazen with their acts of terror. Drone strikes alone are not effective because the leadership of ISIS is still in operation and their recruitment seems to be continuing.

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
The time is way past, but at this point I think that economic values prevail over humanitarian ones. The US has learned the hard way when they fought Iraq that these wars never end and consume a lot of resources.