Israel and Bahrain agree to normalize relations | World Defense

Israel and Bahrain agree to normalize relations

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Israel and the Gulf state of Bahrain have reached a landmark deal to fully normalise their relations, US President Donald Trump has announced.

AP_17141224363946.jpg

Israel and the Gulf state of Bahrain have reached a landmark deal to fully normalise their relations, US President Donald Trump has announced.

"The second Arab country to make peace with Israel in 30 days," he tweeted.
For decades, most Arab states have boycotted Israel, insisting they would only establish ties after the Palestinian dispute was settled.
But last month the United Arab Emirates (UAE) agreed to normalise its relationship with Israel.

The Gulf state has become only the fourth Arab country in the Middle East to recognise Israel since its founding in 1948. The others are Egypt and Jordan.
"Another historic breakthrough today!" Mr Trump wrote, adding: "Our two GREAT friends Israel and the Kingdom of Bahrain agree to a Peace Deal."
The president also posted on Twitter a copy of a joint statement between the US, Bahrain and Israel.
1px transparent line

Prior to the UAE announcement in August, Israel had had no diplomatic relations with Gulf Arab countries. More recently, shared worries over Iran have led to unofficial contacts between them.
Last month saw the first official flight from Israel to the UAE, which was seen as a major step in normalising relations.
In 1999, Mauritania, a member of the Arab League in north-west Africa, established diplomatic relations with Israel - but severed ties in 2010.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Why are Trump and Netanyahu announcing things that have yet to happen? They are trying to coerce Arab states into submitting to Israeli right wing and American right wing position on Israel and Palestinians and pressuring them in private while claiming they agree to things they didn't agree to in public. Bahrain previously said it agrees to two state solution if I remember correctly and that will earn Israel normalization.

If I was Saudi Arabia I would be worried now that Trump and Netanyahu announce that I no longer care about two state solution and that I will have ties with Israel even if they annex Palestinian territory and there is no state. They are doing that already by leaking to media that there is progress with Saudi Arabia. In two weeks they will announce Saudi Arabia is now normal with Israel and doesn't think two state solution need to be achieved. Just like they did with Bahrain even though Bahrain gave no official position.

US establishment and Israeli establishment are doing this under Trump before elections even though he has coronavirus pandemic crisis and other natural disasters, tense political climate in the country. That is disrespectful to American common people but we know US establishment does not care about common Americans and would rather assist Israel in becoming more dominant and powerful in the region.

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
Reality finally sinking in?
is it though, or is this some back room political strings attached, I'll recognize you only for the fact I can get weapons. prior to the UAE recognizing The State of Israel, Israel was blocking the potential of an F-35 sale to the UAEAF. now since the recognition, UAE has considerably put interest in the F-35 and now are talking how Turkey's built but grounded F-35As in the US may end up in hands of Emirati Pilots..

alongside this and setting this aside, currently the US is in the midst of an election year, and Trump is doing things to make himself look like a great, big guy (you know PR Stunts) and if people say "wow he brokered the Arab-Israeli hate, he will be good for the country"

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
is it though, or is this some back room political strings attached, I'll recognize you only for the fact I can get weapons. prior to the UAE recognizing The State of Israel, Israel was blocking the potential of an F-35 sale to the UAEAF. now since the recognition, UAE has considerably put interest in the F-35 and now are talking how Turkey's built but grounded F-35As in the US may end up in hands of Emirati Pilots..

alongside this and setting this aside, currently the US is in the midst of an election year, and Trump is doing things to make himself look like a great, big guy (you know PR Stunts) and if people say "wow he brokered the Arab-Israeli hate, he will be good for the country"
Turkish F35's have been transferred to USAF.