Israel hints at air force cooperation with Jordan, Egypt | World Defense

Israel hints at air force cooperation with Jordan, Egypt

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Israel hints at air force cooperation with Jordan, Egypt - Israel News, Ynetnews

Israel hints at air force cooperation with Jordan, Egypt

Statements by Israeli officials recently revealed the growing military ties between the Jewish state and its regional allies, ties which have been under a blanket of secrecy for decades.

Reuters

Israeli fighter pilots recently trained with their Arab counterparts in the United States, Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon said on Tuesday, referring to a joint exercise that a US official described as involving Jordanian planes

The remarks by Ya'alon followed Israel's disclosure that its air force helped locate a Russian passenger plane that crashed in the Egyptian Sinai on Saturday - both rare departures from a policy of keeping Israeli-Arab military cooperation under wraps.

64256840991098640360no.jpg

Israeli F-15Is return from "Red Flag" (Photo: IDF Spokesperson)

Bruised by an Iranian nuclear deal with world powers that it had lobbied against, and hoping to skirt deadlocked Palestinian peace talks through wider regional engagement, Israel has been hinting it enjoys burgeoning secret ties with some Arab powers.

In a speech, Ya'alon alluded to Israel finding common cause with countries opposed to Iran and its allies such as Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and Lebanon's Hezbollah militia.

6425681093391640360no.jpg

Israeli F-15s before stop before crossing the Atlantic (Photo: IDF Spokesperson)

Mentioning Israel's participation in "Red Flag", a US-hosted air force exercise in July, Ya'alon said: "There were Arab pilots there too, and pilots from the various branches of the United States military and other countries."

He did not elaborate further. But a US official who spoke to Reuters on condition of anonymity said Jordan took part in Red Flag, sending warplanes that flew out with Israel's jets and refuelled from an Israeli tanker over the Atlantic Ocean.

So Egypt and Jordan regimes cooperate with those who are murdering Palestinians on daily basis. Also with the same people who tried murdering Prophet Muhammad in Khaiber and wanted to dig him out of his grave...there's no way any of these governments are Muslims. Can't wait for ISIS to destroy them and punish them.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Egypt might do that but certainly not Jordan. Sisi should be removed from presidency. He went way too far.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Egypt might do that but certainly not Jordan. Sisi should be removed from presidency. He went way too far.

Jordan definitely does, Jordan is probably closer to Israel than Egypt. I believe both regimes are detrimental to the Syrian and Palestinian causes. That's not just belief that's fact. And then both Egypt and Jordan betrayed Saudi Arabia on Syria.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Whenever I would read an article about Israel and its allies, I can't help but think of what the world is coming to. Don't get me wrong, I am not against Israel nor Palestine. It just seems to me that Israel's fight with Palestine is growing that both sides are trying their best to involve other nations. And to think that they are small countries in terms of land area. By the way, is there no end to that fight for territory?

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
I suppose the Egyptians and some other Arab nations don't mind working together because they have a common foe — Iran and their allies. In war you can work with your enemy to vanquish an enemy you both hate. That doesn't necessarily make you BFFs.

If Iran does acquire nuclear weapons wouldn't gulf nations be more than willing to work with Israel and any other allies to stop Iran from using that nuclear weapon?

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
I suppose the Egyptians and some other Arab nations don't mind working together because they have a common foe — Iran and their allies. In war you can work with your enemy to vanquish an enemy you both hate. That doesn't necessarily make you BFFs.

If Iran does acquire nuclear weapons wouldn't gulf nations be more than willing to work with Israel and any other allies to stop Iran from using that nuclear weapon?

I get that you're sponsored, but Egypt is pro-Assad. Their joint cooperation with Israel is anti-Hamas, not anti-Iran. And then they do air fore exercises for bombing Sinai. Jordan cooperates with Israel to help secure the West Bank for Israel and because it hates Palestinians. Nowhere does Iran come in the picture. If Syrian rebels were victorious in Syria then you will Jordan asking for Iranian/Western assistance.