Israel on verge of sending troops into Syria over increased threat of terrorist attack | World Defense

Israel on verge of sending troops into Syria over increased threat of terrorist attack

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Israel on verge of sending troops into Syria over increased threat of terrorist attack

upload_2015-8-17_16-48-24.png

The Israeli Defence Force (IDF) is believed to be preparing for a possible ground operation in Syria.

Local news channel, Channel 2, reported a large scale drill by military forces along the border on Sunday which simulated a possible incursion into Syrian territory and the evacuation of Israeli citizens from nearby border towns.

According to another channel, Channel 10, the drill also prepared for a sophisticated attack by Isis on Israeli troops.

It comes after a senior officer said recent attempts by Hezbollah to carry out terror attacks against Israel from the Golan Heights were orchestrated by Iran.

According to Haaretz, the Israeli Air Force carried out a bomb attack on suspected militants after an attempt to plant an IED along the border fence between Israel and Syria back in April was foiled.

An official told reporters during a briefing on Sunday: “It's clear that Iran is behind all of the terror attacks here (in the Golan) in the past two years.

He said. "The Iranians are using the border – they establish units – whether it's [Imad] Mughniyeh, [Samir] Kuntar, and more – to carry out the attacks."

The military released a video of the attack on Sunday.

There have been several Israeli air strikes against Syrian territory since the civil war began in 2011.

In January, an airstrike on a convoy in the Syrian side of the Golan Heights was believed to have killed a top Hezbollah commander, the Times of Israel reports.

The Shi’a Islamist militant group retaliated with an attack which killed two IDF soldiers.

Israel on verge of sending troops into Syria over increased threat of terrorist attack - Middle East - World - The Independent

ke gordon

Reactions
12 0 0
Country
USA
The entire Middle East is such a diaster. It seems like it is a such a disaster in the Middle East. I mean all of this was pre told in the book for revelations wasn't it? It seems to be such a problem for all. I think that no matter what is done over there it just seems to get worse. I don't know what will become of that entire area. Syria seems to have the worst issues of any of the Middle Eastern nations.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Gee, what a place that country called Syria. Being bombarded by the Turks for the territory taken by ISIS and now here comes Israel for their part ot drive away the Iranian military also in Syria. I couldn't imagine the fear in the hearts of the Syrians in this modern times. And to think that we are here with the internet and all other amenities in life while the Syrians are back to the primitive days of running to avoid the bombs.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
I wonder what Israel's objective is. Evacuate citizens and then what? Create a buffer zone? That sure would help a little since it would be harder for the terrorists to strike targets with accuracy but it certainly won't stop the terrorists from firing rockets into Israeli territory should they so desire.