Israel successfully tests ballistic missile interceptor

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
Israel successfully tests ballistic missile interceptor
b38b428f-2712-4466-925c-cd30d909fc63_16x9_788x442.jpg

Arrow 3, developed jointly between the United States and Israel, is intended to serve as Israel’s uppermost missile interception system. Lower-altitude interception systems are either already deployed or close to being operationa (File Photo: AP)

Jerusalem, AFP Thursday, 10 December 2015

Israel and the United States on Thursday successfully tested a ballistic missile interceptor as the Jewish state seeks to upgrade its defenses in the face of regional threats, officials said.

The trial from an Israeli test range involved the Arrow 3 interceptor, designed to shoot down missiles above the atmosphere, with Israel concerned over the potential for attacks from enemies including Iran.

A similar test a year ago failed, but Thursday’s trial intercepted a ballistic missile target above the Mediterranean.

“This successful test is a major milestone in the development of the Arrow Weapon System and provides confidence in future Israeli capabilities to defeat the developing threats,” Israel’s defense ministry said.

“Additional Arrow-3 interceptor tests are planned in the future to demonstrate capability prior to becoming operational.”

The Arrow project was first launched in 1988 as part of the then Star Wars program under late U.S. president Ronald Reagan that was abandoned in 1993.

Arrow 3, developed jointly between the United States and Israel, is intended to serve as Israel’s uppermost missile interception system. Lower-altitude interception systems are either already deployed or close to being operational.

Partly financed by the United States, the Arrow system was developed and produced by Israeli Aerospace Industries in partnership with Boeing.

Israel strongly opposed a nuclear deal struck in July between Iran and major powers, arguing it would not block its regional rival’s path to atomic weapons.

It also argues that the lifting of sanctions under the deal will allow Iran to further back and arm proxy militants in the region.

The United States said earlier this month it was conducting a “serious review” into reports that Iran carried out a new round of ballistic missile testing in violation of U.N. resolutions.

Last Update: Thursday, 10 December 2015 KSA 16:31 - GMT 13:31
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2015/12/10/Israel-successfully-tests-ballistic-missile-interceptor.html

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
One tests ballistic missiles (Iran ) , and the other tests anti-missile defense systems.(Israel)

\_/)

Slam Eagle

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
30 0 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
One tests ballistic missiles (Iran ) , and the other tests anti-missile defense systems.(Israel)

\_/)

I have heard that the system " i mean Arrow-3 " suffers from many problems ...
i think Arrow-3 It is not directed against iran .. israel good Producer .. for this israel want to export this systems

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I have heard that the system " i mean Arrow-3 " suffers from many problems ...
i think Arrow-3 It is not directed against iran .. israel good Producer .. for this israel want to export this systems

Once a real war get started, the Arrow-3 will fail like what happened with the Iron Dome against Hamas' low tech rockets !

Slam Eagle

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
30 0 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Once a real war get started, the Arrow-3 will fail like what happened with the Iron Dome against Hamas' low tech rockets !
if it's will not fail technically .. it's will fail Financially ..
Israel need another Systems " i mean SHORAD " Like ( Sky shield/Guard )

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
This reminds me of the Gulf war when the Patriot missiles were intercepting the scud missiles. But I always go for interceptors than real ballistic missiles that are used for military offfensive. In one thread about drones, I had said that it would be a good war if drones are the ones in the battlefront. What I'm afraid of is a battle of ICBMs because collateral damage will fill the statistics and authorities may not even care.

Slam Eagle

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
30 0 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
This reminds me of the Gulf war when the Patriot missiles were intercepting the scud missiles. But I always go for interceptors than real ballistic missiles that are used for military offfensive. In one thread about drones, I had said that it would be a good war if drones are the ones in the battlefront. What I'm afraid of is a battle of ICBMs because collateral damage will fill the statistics and authorities may not even care.

if you want Solution ICBMs missile , you need aegis missile like : SM-3 , SM-6 .. or system like GMD ...
if you can't do any thing of this .. you need to Objected to the missile in it's early stages .. by Destroyers like DDG-51

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
The Arrow 3 Interceptor at moment can't protect Israel against the attacks they think or want to make us believe it can stop.

The successful interception of a missile whose trajectory was known [after an abortive attempt a year back] sure is progress [in the right direction] but it still obviously needs more work and numerous tests before the Arrow 3 Interceptor can actually do what it has been made for.

In the interim I think if Israel is so terrified of being attacked by Iran they need something more reliable than the Arrow 3 Interceptor.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
The Arrow 3 Interceptor at moment can't protect Israel against the attacks they think or want to make us believe it can stop.

The successful interception of a missile whose trajectory was known [after an abortive attempt a year back] sure is progress [in the right direction] but it still obviously needs more work and numerous tests before the Arrow 3 Interceptor can actually do what it has been made for.

In the interim I think if Israel is so terrified of being attacked by Iran they need something more reliable than the Arrow 3 Interceptor.

So do you mean to say that Israel is just bluffing its way out of a predicament? And from what I understand in your post, an interceptor technology is not perfect yet. Is that right? That's why I mentioned the Patriots which was intercepting the scud missiles during the Gulf War because I was amazed at the time seeing the scuds exploding in the air. But anyway, another question is what about Iran versus Israel? What is their meat all about? I know of Israelis against Palestinians but not Iranians.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
So do you mean to say that Israel is just bluffing its way out of a predicament? And from what I understand in your post, an interceptor technology is not perfect yet. Is that right? That's why I mentioned the Patriots which was intercepting the scud missiles during the Gulf War because I was amazed at the time seeing the scuds exploding in the air. But anyway, another question is what about Iran versus Israel? What is their meat all about? I know of Israelis against Palestinians but not Iranians.
They aren't bluffing. Intercept the missile they did but after a year's planning. In case there was a sudden attack then there's a high possibility very few missiles [if any] would be intercepted. I could be wrong . . .

As for why the Iranians and Israelis have against each other it's because Iran has for ages been calling for and planning the annihilation of Israel. Iran's Ayatollah in September even made a disturbing "prophecy" that Israel, would within 25 years be destroyed.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
They aren't bluffing. Intercept the missile they did but after a year's planning. In case there was a sudden attack then there's a high possibility very few missiles [if any] would be intercepted. I could be wrong . . .

As for why the Iranians and Israelis have against each other it's because Iran has for ages been calling for and planning the annihilation of Israel. Iran's Ayatollah in September even made a disturbing "prophecy" that Israel, would within 25 years be destroyed.

Gee, I didn't know that Iran has an ax go grin against Israel and I wonder why. Is it because Iran is sympathizing with the Palestinians who are also Muslims? And to think that Israel is such a small country, I think Iran can do their threat if they want to. But how do they annihilate a country with allies? That act may trigger a third world war.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Gee, I didn't know that Iran has an ax go grin against Israel and I wonder why. Is it because Iran is sympathizing with the Palestinians who are also Muslims?
Why does Iran hate us? - Israel Opinion, Ynetnews
]Western culture is the greatest enemy of the Iranian regime, and for that reason they hate the West’s leader – the United States, and the country they perceive as its agent in the Middle East, Israel. This is why they refer to the former as “Great Satan” and to us as “Little Satan.”
There could also be many other reasons: Israel seized land which rightfully belonged to Muslims, there's the oppression of Palestinians and also the desire to be the dominant nation in the world of Islam ["annihilating Israel would get them that coveted crown].
And to think that Israel is such a small country, I think Iran can do their threat if they want to. But how do they annihilate a country with allies?
They can't. That's why they need nukes.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Based on some of the posts in this thread, it seems to me that it boils down to a religious war - Muslims versus Christians. By the way, I just read an article that ISIS is targetting Christians with its propaganda about infidels who deserve to be beheaded because they do not believe in the Islam teachings. And just a while ago, I saw in social media a post about an imam saying that the greeting "Merry Christmas" is bad.