Israel's dilemma | World Defense

Israel's dilemma

remnant

Reactions
8 1 0
Country
Kenya
Israel is facing a major dilemma with regard to the conflict in Syria. On one hand is the old foe in Assad who is hinged to the Iran Hezbollah nexus. The alternative is ISIS which is a sworn enemy, by virtue of its ideological leanings and radical Islamism. The secular opposition is fronted alongside groups which have on relationship or interest in recognising the country and may even turn out to be arch enemies especially in relation to the politics of Gaza. Israel has no leverage with regard to Syria and despite its vaunted military, it has been reduced to a spectator to deal with any outcome the conflagration yields.

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
It is not a big dilemma at all actually. I don't see why would they intervene as Josh said it here. What is the point of that. Although I believe that if it was a decision they would have to make they would go against ISIS because they are presented as pure terrorists and it would be because they have to do it like that. I am not sure they would like to stand behind a terrorist organisation that everybody is fighting against. Nevertheless, I think they couldn't care less about both and they would be quite happy if they killed each other in the process.

explorerx7

Reactions
37 1 0
Country
Jamaica
I believe that between the two Israel would prefer to see the back of ISIS. They have been able to exist with Assad as Syria's leader without much agitation on both sides. However, ISIS would be a totally different kettle of fish. I am almost certain that if ISIS was to rule Syria, there would be no shortage of cross-border conflict or even full-scale war between Israel and them.