isreal police vs children with rocks | World Defense

isreal police vs children with rocks

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
JERUSALEM (AP) -- Israeli police entered a holy Jerusalem site on Sunday to prevent Arab youths from attacking visiting Jews marking a biblical holiday, a police spokesman said.

Micky Rosenfeld said police received prior warnings that masked Arab youths were barricading themselves inside the al-Aqsa Mosque armed with rocks and fire bombs. He said the youths planned to attack Jews visiting the area Sunday for Tisha B'Av - the Jewish holiday marking the destruction of ancient Hebrew temples.

Rosenfeld said some officers were wounded as they pushed the youths back, without providing further details.

Jews refer to the hilltop site - their holiest - as the Temple Mount. Muslims refer to it as the Noble Sanctuary. It is Islam's third holiest site, after Mecca and Medina in Saudi Arabia. The site is a flashpoint of tension between the faiths.

News from The Associated Press

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I get a headache whenever I would get to read items about Israel and Palestine. It's just like an old wound that wouldn't heal so the best thing to do is to ignore. Even if I become the richest man and most powerful on earth, I don't think there is a solution to that war of attrition unless one side is totally annihilated - and that is unimaginable. So I guess the whole world have just to live with it.

But mind you, those kids fighting the cops is not a good example particularly to the children of other countries.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
What of the Israelis response to the rock-throwing incident? Storm the mosque and vandalize it? Is that the way to protect the Jews visiting the area? Did they go overboard?

Israeli Forces Storm, Vandalize Jerusalem's Al-Aqsa Mosque | News | teleSUR English
The Israeli police invaded Sunday the Muslim holy mosque of Al-Aqsa in Jerusalem Sunday and injured more than 20 people.

The police entered the mosque's perimeters after groups of Jewish settlers stormed the mosque to commemorate what they call Tisha B’Av, the Jewish day of remembrance for the destruction of the First and Second Temples.

In the early hours of Sunday morning, the Israeli forces, which is according to Al-Jazeera Arabic were part of special units, assaulted number of youth and worshipers who confronted the settlers who tried to enter the Muslim holy site. The Israeli forces also used tear gas against worshipers inside the mosque and shut down all entrances to it.

According to Palestine News Network, the Israeli police have also broken the fire system in the mosque, making the water leak all through the building.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
I think there's more spite than there is concern for anyone's well being. Everything they do to each other is motivated by hate on a very deep level.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Israel's arrogance is partly to be blame for the existing rifts. And there's the fact [which the media conveniently never points out] that the Israelis hate Arabs/Muslims and treats their Arab citizens as second class citizens. You can't hate someone and expect them to like you. One would expect kinsfolk [all being Abraham's descendants] to live together . . . in peace.