It’s official: America is now No. 2 | Page 3 | World Defense

It’s official: America is now No. 2

ThatKidWithTheFace

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
This is saddening , but is anyone really surprised? As everyone has said, everything is made in China these days. I suppose that's just the way these things go. The US had a good run, and who knows, we might make a comeback. Though I don't see it happening until we've made some serious changes.

TatsuKaji

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
16 0 0
Country
USA
Hmm murica will always be #1 in my heart but assuming the chinese numbers aren't fabricated (hey anyone that can cheat in multiple Olympic events....just sayin), then it really isn't a surprise like most people had already said on this thread. Maybe people will take it to heart as word spreads and then there might be some real changes around here.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
Nothing you ever buy says its made in America

That is bound to happen when even US companies go to China to make their products. Hey, business is about making money. If making the products in China is cheaper, then make them in China.

ThatKidWithTheFace

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
Hmm murica will always be #1 in my heart but assuming the chinese numbers aren't fabricated (hey anyone that can cheat in multiple Olympic events....just sayin), then it really isn't a surprise like most people had already said on this thread. Maybe people will take it to heart as word spreads and then there might be some real changes around here.

That's a very good point! Maybe this is just what the US needs. A wake up call!

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
Maybe this is just what the US needs. A wake up call!

I am not too sure if the US is going to wake up. It seems to me that the US has been in a coma for many years. Just look at how the US reacts to world events. It sends its troops to fight in other peoples' wars. It doesn't win. It sends its troops again to fight in other peoples' wars. It's not learning anything from what happens.

krazyman

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
That is bound to happen when even US companies go to China to make their products. Hey, business is about making money. If making the products in China is cheaper, then make them in China.

True fact - it's about making money and when you have an abundant supply of cheap labor in China, why not use it!

Something else to consider - will the Chinese be able to keep this going? The Chinese actually don't produce anything original - many of the products they produce are the thoughts of American or other foreign engineers or designers. If for whatever reason the U.S. backed out of China and decided to make products at home or some other part of the world - that could bring the U.S. back to the to
the top.

However, the eye opening piece to this is that the general public isn't educated to this - they still just think that the U.S. is #1 because of the culture of entitlement that exists.

joshua minaya

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
i am not too surprised about this because for a long time i have always know this because the signs have always been there for anyone who cared to see the facts.

TatsuKaji

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
16 0 0
Country
USA
True fact - it's about making money and when you have an abundant supply of cheap labor in China, why not use it!

Something else to consider - will the Chinese be able to keep this going? The Chinese actually don't produce anything original - many of the products they produce are the thoughts of American or other foreign engineers or designers. If for whatever reason the U.S. backed out of China and decided to make products at home or some other part of the world - that could bring the U.S. back to the to
the top.

However, the eye opening piece to this is that the general public isn't educated to this - they still just think that the U.S. is #1 because of the culture of entitlement that exists.
True, most everything they make is a knocked off product or produced with extremely cheap labor that they can get away with, without a care for the suffering of their people. I suppose being #1 only matters if everyone is benefiting from it in the end, and I don't think that is the case in china.

weepforsweep

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
We need to give huge incentives for companies to stay in the United States. Have companies pay no taxes for a few years so they will be incentivize to stay here. This is a sad day for America.

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
It figures though because everything is made in China! The US is getting there but it's all about the corporation here. China is definitely rising now and we all just have to accept that fact that the US is no longer number 1. Not too late though.

By the way, in an eastern region in China, they now discovered oil as well. So, I think they can even be bigger than the Middle East. We all have to watch out for this one.

diprod

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
Philippines
It figures though because everything is made in China! The US is getting there but it's all about the corporation here. China is definitely rising now and we all just have to accept that fact that the US is no longer number 1. Not too late though.

By the way, in an eastern region in China, they now discovered oil as well. So, I think they can even be bigger than the Middle East. We all have to watch out for this one.

Yes. Everything is almost made in china. And they really work fast in there so they also earn when it comes to production. Although, shouldn't the US earn more since they are saving a lot when it comes to paying manpower? Compared to the wages they have to pay their employees in the US, they really are saving a lot when they outsource that to China.

cyberpinoy

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Philippines
How much of that 17.6 trillion belongs to american companies and american products being manufactured in china and essentially stolen by the Chinese. Since China is depending on manufacturing american products to boost thier economy does that really make them the best, or just monkey see monkey do business men who cant use thier own ideas to boost their economy but have to use american products and services to strengthen their economy.

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
Should I be surprised? I'm not really. China is such a bigger country compared to the United States, so it having the number one economy in the world sort of makes sense, or at least it makes sense to me. Everything that we use now a days is already made in China anyways, and even though it's sold in the USA for a lot more, that doesn't mean that we can afford to buy it!

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
I understand how important these numbers are for comparison's sake but why do people seem to forget that more than anything in this world, quality of human life is far more important than how much money an economy is raking in? I'm not a fan of America but rest assured, the quality of life there is better than China's. So what if China is the number 1 economy? That doesn't give it the right to bully smaller nations. They shouldn't forget too: the faster you rise, the harder you fall.