Japan and China Conflict | World Defense

Japan and China Conflict

vinceasneed

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
I feel as if though Japan and China will run into some scuffles in the near future. They still have some World War 2 tension that will linger. But I think it is even deeper now as China rises to be a world power. They will flex their muscles. The question is will it evolve into full blown war or not? I hope not but it is a possibility. They need to take steps now to prevent those things. They need closer ties and need to link economies even more.

globulon

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
Canada
I doubt Japan and China will come to blows on a major scale anytime soon. As long as Japan maintains a strong alliance with the US, China is essentially deterred from taking big actions against them. There will definitely be some minor conflict over disputed borders and islands, but it is likely that these conflicts will be more like a game of chicken rather than any physical violence.

mizrael

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Canada
I don't think China and Japan will go to war anytime soon, at least not in our lifetime. but I do think it's inevitable, eventually the states and China ties will weaken, there are clearly tension between China and the US economically, especially when it comes to free trade, and I think it will break ties between the two countries , leaving China to fend for itself, this will allow Japan to get more aggressive and eventually invade China on some kind of border dispute.

vinceasneed

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
Yeah I don't see it happening anytime soon. I think the Chinese are too smart to risk damaging their economy in a war that even if they win would could cause very serious problems for their country. A country like North Korea I wouldn't be so sure about. If they were desperate I think they would fight to the death. Also some countries who are ultra radical religious would risk the stability of their country if they felt like their religion has been disrespected.

JonMark

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
Yeah. I agree with everything here except the parts about N.Korea. One thing to think about is if there is some way to salvage the N. Korean government in any way that would benefit them (more than us) as an ally. What could be done to keep Jong Un in power and why? That's what I don't understand, which brings me to the issue that, unless some Western leader with some time and an ideological bent wants to go in there and do something, nothing is going to happen. It makes sense that S. Korea and other countries in the region would have more reason to do an interview with Un and free up the place.

Aside from that, I don't see those dudes as a threat to anyone outside their borders. But back to Japan and China, Shinzo Abe is already reforming the laws to fortify their military might and tighten up their political body. China is too busy introducing new economic might to flex their muscle for anything past debating border ownership between Japan. And yes, the relationship with the United States and other countries in around China will hold firmly while they try to jigsaw their way around anyone else's demands.

joshua minaya

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
I feel as if though Japan and China will run into some scuffles in the near future. They still have some World War 2 tension that will linger. But I think it is even deeper now as China rises to be a world power. They will flex their muscles. The question is will it evolve into full blown war or not? I hope not but it is a possibility. They need to take steps now to prevent those things. They need closer ties and need to link economies even more.

you have a point there with rising tension between the two countries it is very possible that sooner or later one form of confrontation or the other may be experienced.

Bread

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Philippines
On the contrary, I think that it's definitely possible, but I don't know how soon it will happen. China isn't all that afraid of USA, because USA depends on them just as much as China depends on trade for their economy. I think that's primarily why China gets away with a lot of things that are usually condemned by the USA.

At the moment China seems so untouchable, even Japan is a little afraid of them and Japan has more to lose if a war breaks out. Their population is already dwindling, the number of seniors are not in balance with the younger people in their country. If war breaks out it would be troublesome for them and it's not too much to say that their population may get near extinction if it happens. I think that the only way to keep it from happening is that Japan bite their tongues back for as long as they can.

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines

I hold the same sentiments that China is rising and gaining so much power. But Japan is never left behind. China's rise to power is only loud because it's really a rare occurrence, but Japan has always been at the superpower level despite its silence, and they have been far longer than Chana has been. They surely know how to retaliate when attacked. They also have money and good people, good engineers. They are still among the leaders in terms of technology and science and these days, to be good at these is what a country needs to join in the modern scuffles.

Onionman

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
It's not in either country's interests to significantly escalate tensions. But Prime Minister Abe is keen to change the constitution in relation to Japan's militarism (or lack of) and there are tensions over islands that both countries are claiming sovereignty over. So we can expect more issues between the two countries, given that one is in structural decline while the other is in sharp ascendancy.

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
WW2 started because Japan and Germany where unable to get natural resources, because of free markets this is no longer an issue. Both China and Japan will bark at each other and make lots of noise, nothing will happy. Japan and Russia have been arguing over some barren Northern Island since WW2. Russia does some crap like fly an airplane over it, then Japan barks. This happens every 10 years or so.