Japan Unveils Its Ultra-modern Stealth Fighter | World Defense

Japan Unveils Its Ultra-modern Stealth Fighter

Rodrigo Menezes

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Portugal
Wow... very interesting. It is curious to see why a country and a nation would go this far to protect their own. It is noble, I guess. But it can be very dangerous.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Japan recently unveiled its first Stealth Fighter Jet. The plane will try to utilize EM weaponry instead of carrying bombs or missiles and will (if all goes well) out-maneuver all current modern fighter planes including the F35.

Japan's first stealth fighter unveiled - CNN Video

So the Japanese made it through to the stealth tech while Russia is struggling. What is the specification of the jet?

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
I see. So this new type of fighter jet Japan is developing is not only one of the fastest but perhaps also one of the quietest out there. Enemies won't be able to detect it because speed and sound-wise, it's far more advanced than other fighter jets. This jet can be used as a ruse. While the enemy's busy trying to chase it or shoot it down, the main forces will attack from behind. It can also be used to gather intel.

djdefense

Reactions
32 2 0
Country
India
So the Japanese made it through to the stealth tech while Russia is struggling. What is the specification of the jet?
I'll get back to you with full specs soon. The main thing is the EM weaponry - they'll be able to fry any fighter jet's circuitry mid air without shooting a projectile. Its the kind of thing sci-fi is made of.

SirJoe

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
Portugal
It's actually not to surprising that the Japanese got there. Japan has a huge amount of up to date technology, while Russia, even though with a huge aviation history, doesn't have this resource.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Maybe the Japanese can use those stealth jets for a show of force against the bullying of China in the issue of island claims. Like the Philippines and Vietnam, Japan has also a row with China in a nearby island dispute. I really think that the new stealth jets is a relevant factor when it comes to arguments involving territories since it can lead to an unintended war.

Susimi

Reactions
55 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
It looks pretty good and in some ways it looks that little bit different from the current stealth planes out there at the moment. The EM weaponry is of most interest. Thinking about Japans air military aircraft history, they have always gone for lightness for manoeuvrability, so doing away with the conventional weaponry seems like a move in that direction.

Be interesting to see if it works in practice.

djdefense

Reactions
32 2 0
Country
India
Absolutely. So far, EM weapons have been tested only using missiled. I don't think any such weapons have been mounted or tested on a jet. This is really star trek type stuff and I actually have faith in their ability to succeed with their plans.

Susimi

Reactions
55 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a bit old fashioned and don't like changes that much so EM weaponry in place of conventional stuff makes me scream inside!

I'm always open to this stuff however and as I say I'm interested to see how this weapon will work out. It raises many questions, as in what range will it have and of course how will the launch aircraft be protected?

explorerx7

Reactions
37 1 0
Country
Jamaica
This is expected. Japan is now ramping up armament capabilities because it believes that recent muscle flexing by China could be translated into a threat to its sovereignty. These two countries have been at loggerheads from ancient times, therefore, there is no love lost between the two of them.

vash

Reactions
27 1 0
Country
USA
What jet engine will they use in their new stealth fighter jet? While design a high tech jet is quite hard, the hardest part is in fact the jet engine. Many countries have the ability to design fairly modern jets, but they still have to buy jet engines to equip them. Only a handful of companies in the whole world has the ability to design and manufacture advanced jet engines. Then again, they can probably buy the engines from the US as they are one of the treaty allies.

Infidel

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
It will be interesting to see how this project of their works out as it has long been since the Japanese have produced their own completely native fighter jets. I am also quite intrigued by their focus on EM weapons over conventional weapons - seems very risky to put some much faith in such weapons over the tried and tested conventional ones that everyone else uses but if someone is going to be busting out the futuristic star trek type weaponry it'll be the Japanese as they have always been at the very top of the game in regards to new technology and inventions.

KSC

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
15 0 0
Country
Canada
us-air-force-confirms-boeings-electromagnetic-pulse-weapon

boeing-champ.jpg

U.S. Air Force confirms Boeing’s electromagnetic pulse weapon

“is a bomb — but without the bomb.”

Known as the “CHAMP,” or Counter-electronics High-powered Microwave Advanced Missile Project, the American military project is an attempt to develop a device with all the power of a nuclear weapon but without the death and destruction to people and infrastructure that such a weapon causes. Theoretically, the new missile system would pinpoint buildings and knock out their electrical grids, plunging the target into darkness and general disconnectedness.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/us-air-force-confirms-boeings-electromagnetic-pulse-weapon/

Last edited:

KSC

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
15 0 0
Country
Canada
What jet engine will they use in their new stealth fighter jet? While design a high tech jet is quite hard, the hardest part is in fact the jet engine. Many countries have the ability to design fairly modern jets, but they still have to buy jet engines to equip them. Only a handful of companies in the whole world has the ability to design and manufacture advanced jet engines. Then again, they can probably buy the engines from the US as they are one of the treaty allies.
Watch the video, they talk about Japanese Engines..