Jewish man stabs Arab Israeli in hate attack

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Jewish man stabs Arab Israeli in hate attack

e06b5dd2-a8ba-4259-8534-be2372dc89ab_16x9_600x338.jpg
Scene of the stabbing in the town of Herzliya in Israel. (Photo courtesy: Ynetnews.com)

By AFP | Occupied Jerusalem
Monday, 20 April 2015
A man allegedly shouting “death to Arabs” stabbed and wounded an Arab Israeli on Monday in the town of Herzliya near Tel Aviv, police said.

Spokeswoman Luba Samri said in a statement that police arrested a local Jewish Israeli suspected of the attack, in which a municipal cleaner from the Galilee village of Kafr Manda was lightly injured.

She said the suspect confessed to the assault and “claimed he committed the act for nationalistic reasons.”

Since last summer’s deadly war in Gaza, tensions have been high between Jews and Arabs living inside Israel, and there has been a series of lone-wolf Palestinian attacks on Israelis.

The Israeli Arab community has its roots in the 160,000 Palestinians who stayed on their land after the creation of Israel in 1948.

Today they and their descendants number around 1.3 million, about 20 percent of the population.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2015/04/20/Jewish-man-stabs-Arab-Israeli-in-hate-attack.html

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Death to Arabs? It surprises me that a Jew, of all people, should say that. If only people learned a thing or two from the past, the Jews should be the one group of people who never should embrace racism.

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
This is not the way to solve problems as it shows, that stabbing someone who is just a a arab could result in war or riots even occuring and the reason is for something that happened in the past shows that the person should read the history of them. The Jew should not, be doing this and what has he gained a prison sentence and also his family will have to suffer the consequences if he is the only one working and should of thought about that. I hope, tensions don't occur as there could be some people who are against this and may do things which incite violence and cause more issues.

Reactions
23 0 0
Country
USA
Death to Arabs? It surprises me that a Jew, of all people, should say that. If only people learned a thing or two from the past, the Jews should be the one group of people who never should embrace racism.
Jewish people are like all other people: some of them are just plain hateful. Notice how many of them want to ignore the fact that 70,000,000 people died in WWII, not just 6,000,000 Jews (others do remember, but they are silenced by the vocal ones). They also don't like to mention that the majority of those 6,000,000 died alongside their fellow countrymen, not in the horrid concentration camps they shared with other victims (such as Gypsies).
Most Jews I have known are not radicals, and most are busy trying to get along with everyone else while trying to please their families. One friend made a point of asking his rabbi if they believed in the Virgin birth of Jesus (I believe that he did, and got a kick out of asking). I believe he did not survive Vietnam (my friend).

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
How true is this statement?

Hatred of Arabs is part of the test of loyalty and identity that the state gives its Jewish citizens - a loyal Israeli will leave an Arab to die, because 'he's an Arab.'
I've seen it on many, many sites on the net. Is it true or something that's meant to make all Israelis look bad?

Goblinforhire

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
Kenya
The title to this news story really stood out for me, I guess we've all become accustomed to the news of Arabs being the aggressors of violence whether it's true or not. I think this just shows how much mutual hatred there is between these two communities.

Reactions
23 0 0
Country
USA
Please be sure to understand that being a "good Jew" is NOT the same thing as being a loyal Israeli. It seems almost as if the two are incompatible. I believe that God banished the Jews from Israel the last time for good reason (rejecting the Messiah). Genocide is always wrong, and having been the victims does not make it right. Remember the story of "the Good Samaratin", and remember that there is good argument for the Samaratins being the true Jews. Many Jewish leaders have been supreme humanitarians. Being anti-Israeli is not the same as being anti-Semitic. Israel is run by humans, some of whom are not the nicest people around. Any other ethnic group with the views of the Jewish people would be grouped with the likes of Hitler. Bob Dylan (his-self a Jew) said "If God's on our side He'll stop the next war".

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
Well we would have thought that after their history with racism and being targeted then the Jews in Israel would be the first to reject racism but as we can see that is not the case!

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Give peace a chance, that was a refrain of a song? And probably would remain in the song. News like this ruins my mood. It seems like we are in the primitive days when civil was not even a word. Killing for passion, killing for religion, killing for the ideals of patriotism. Yes, so many wanton killings. I cannot imagine why a man would kill another just for the hatred of a race or a tribe. Tsk, tsk, what a violent world we have.