JF-17 related news. | Page 43 | World Defense

JF-17 related news.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
If deal ever happens, it will be done from chines side not from pakistan , like myanmar deal
That's exactly what i believe, but imagine if there was no Chinese share!
Let's see how UK try to approach Imran Khan to counter any potential deal and how far Imran Khan is able to throw the wrench.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Can any one name of the mountain in background?

1607801394330.png

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
Indian media is reporting that jF-17 sold to Nigeria @ $61million a piece.
I do recall Nigeria ordering 3 in 2017-18, but what surprises me if the deal will still follow through since they want a total of 15-16. reason why I say this is simply because Nigeria has a bad habit (or at least used to) where they couldn't pay for their full contract/order and would more or less screw countries over. take a look at the Jaguar deal, most of their jets didn't manage to get 150 hours of flight in before being grounded due to BAE's spare parts embargoment.

I wonder if they will keep their contract with PAC-CAC in high places rather then mess them over with false pretenses of paying for equipment they can't afford.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
I do recall Nigeria ordering 3 in 2017-18, but what surprises me if the deal will still follow through since they want a total of 15-16. reason why I say this is simply because Nigeria has a bad habit (or at least used to) where they couldn't pay for their full contract/order and would more or less screw countries over. take a look at the Jaguar deal, most of their jets didn't manage to get 150 hours of flight in before being grounded due to BAE's spare parts embargoment.

I wonder if they will keep their contract with PAC-CAC in high places rather then mess them over with false pretenses of paying for equipment they can't afford.

No idea what are the terms of payments, but we have seen the excerpts of Nigerian defense budget where they have allocates amounts for the 3 jets.. as well in contract some PAF staff will remain stationed in Nigeria for one year.
Besides jF-17 Nigeria has bought trainers from Pakistan, had their pilots trained at Kamra, so they really seems serious this time around.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Nigerian jF-17. It will be the most modern aircraft not only in Nigeria but most of Africa, excluding north Africa.
1608819626395.png

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Block III wings look different, they don't seems to have wing tip hardpoint, fuselage and tail fins also look different.

1609369561712.png

Last edited:

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
I think Nigeria will place a follow up order ..
it's a good possibility considering they use a bunch of outdated and "Mix-Matched" jets on whoever would supply them. I do know the Nigerians are eyeing the Su-30Ks the Russians have left waiting in their reserve storages.

but considering that China also just supplied them VT4 MBTs, ST-1 Light tanks and SH-5 Howitzers, I see them possibly acquiring more JF-17s, but not just additional jets I see them also acquiring more advanced air to ground munitions, and advanced air to air munitions. (when they had the Jaguars, they had to use outdated munitions/unguided, and very limited AAMs).

now if they could use the JF-17s precisely and in good manors so to speak, I think they will actually have quite the JF-17 in the region..

but in my own personal opinion, I think the Nigerians need to start cutting the corruption down, sending soldiers to different countries such as Pakistan, China, Russia etc. as well as standardizing their weapons (such as rely on Russian or Chinese) systems not whatever they can get their hands on.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia