Jihadist who faked his death is caught in the UK | World Defense

Jihadist who faked his death is caught in the UK

Gabriel

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Imran Khawaja, from London stood trial today as restrictions on reporting were lifted on charges of terrorism. He faked his own death on social media so he could get back into the UK undetected, however he was caught trying to get back via a ferry at Dover, which doesn't say much for security from the country they had sailed from. This is another issue with open borders no checks until you get to the UK.

Hsi cousin drove to Bulgaria to pick him up which means it is possible the whole family knew and kept quiet. It is these people who do not act, but hide them that enables these acts to be carried out. The cousin has admitted charges having information about terrorism and assisting an offender, but how many other members had this information? Should they also be prosecuted? They are not helping for sure, but then the floodgates will open, guilt by association.

Last edited:

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think that they should be prosecuted Gabriel. They have aided and abetted an offender and quite possibly perverted the course of justice too. As we say in the UK, it will all come out in the wash!

Last edited:

kittyworker

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
I think that they should be prosecuted Gabriel. They have aided and abetted an offender and quite possible perverted the course of justice too. As we say in the UK, it will all come out in the wash!
I agree, anyone who has faked their own death or aided someone else in faking their own death is at the very least committing fraud. At the worst they were helping him get into the country to conduct some terrorist operation. Either way the law was broken and they need to be prosecuted.

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
I agree that the family should be charged too if they helped him get back. However, I'm confused on a detail. Did he fake his death so he could get back in the country to commit terrorist acts or did he fake his death to get away for the terrorist cell? I suppose it doesn't matter because it's a crime either way, but it would determine what type of crime he committed. Is he a UK citizen?

globulon

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
Canada
Hahaha it was a clever try but I'm glad he'll get whats coming to him! Especially with current events, European countries can't afford to let these people back in their countries as they are a huge source of homegrown terrorism.

Gabriel

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I agree that the family should be charged too if they helped him get back. However, I'm confused on a detail. Did he fake his death so he could get back in the country to commit terrorist acts or did he fake his death to get away for the terrorist cell? I suppose it doesn't matter because it's a crime either way, but it would determine what type of crime he committed. Is he a UK citizen?

He came back to do more recruiting or planning possibly, he faked his death so the authorities would not look for him, but they didn't believe it and kept tabs. I'm not sure why they suspected, but they had their reasons. From what I gather he was quite high up and other were arrested in conjunction for giving him money that would be used for terrorist acts. As far as we know he is a UK citizen. Not much has been released, but why else would you try to sneak back into a country?

tournique

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Romania
It's amazing that he made it all the way to UK undetected. While I do not agree to closing the open borders EU thing, I think they should secure the borders that present the most threats for Europe at the moment.

joshua minaya

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
Imran Khawaja, from London stood trial today as restrictions were lifted on charges of terrorism. He faked his own death on social media so he could get back into the UK undetected, however he was caught trying to get back via a ferry at Dover, which doesn't say much for security from the country they had sailed from. This is another issue with open borders no checks until you get to the UK.

Hi cousin drove to Bulgaria to pick him up which means it is possible the whole family knew and kept quiet. It is these people who do not act, but hide them that enables these acts to be carried out. The cousin has admitted charges having information about terrorism and assisting an offender, but how many other members had this information? Should they also be prosecuted? They are not helping for sure, but then the floodgates will open, guilt by association.

I will give a thumbs up to the British security forces that intercepted him at the right time. I wonder why he planned to sneak back into the UK.It makes me wonder probably he even had some interior motives you never might know.

Muthoni

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Kenya
We must recommend the security persons who caught this criminal. I guess there is a reason why they say that blood is thicker than water. Maybe this criminal is also a very good liar that was able to convince the family that he stopped being a criminal and his gang was looking for him to kill him. They could have decided to help him to avoid having his blood on their heads. Doing the right thing is not always easy for most people.

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
I reckon he and anyone should be punished, for what he did as what if he had really died he did not think about it and should suffer the full sentence as he is a jihad. I think this guy had other plans and maybe is even lying about his false death and trying to get sympathy from others. I think, he should not be allowed in the country in the first place as he is a terrorist and will try to do something else if allowed to roam free in the country.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
An article I read somewhere a little while back seemed to suggest that "Western" jihadis who've been fighting in Syria and Iraq, once they've had enough of the fighting would try to sneak back to Europe and from time to time launch terrorist attacks. Since not everyone who is fighting in Syria can be positively identified, European security agents need to be very vigilant lest those who slip by spill the blood of many innocent people. You've seen how savage the beasts can be.