John Kerry warns Saudi Arabia of consequences if they get nuclear weapons | World Defense

John Kerry warns Saudi Arabia of consequences if they get nuclear weapons

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
John Kerry warns Saudi Arabia of consequences if they get nuclear weapons

WASHINGTON: US Secretary of State John Kerry has warned both Saudi Arabia and Pakistan against indulging in trade of nuclear weapons, saying there will be "all kinds of NPT consequences" if Riyadh went ahead with any such plan.

Such a strong warning from Kerry comes amidst media reports that Saudi Arabia is trying to buy nuclear weapons from Pakistan.

Top Pakistani leaders have in recent weeks warned Iran of serious consequences if it attacked Saudi Arabia, which many analyst ..

"Sure we've heard those things. But you can't just buy a bomb and transfer (a nuclear bomb)," Kerry told CNN.

"There's all kinds of NPT consequences. I mean, there are huge implications of that," Kerry said, referring to the strong nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT).

He was asked, "The Saudis (are) not even ruling out the possibility, given their concern about this nuclear deal with Iran, they could go forward and buy some -- maybe buy a nuclear bomb, maybe from Pakistan, you've heard those concerns."

Pakistan is already under the radar of the international community for its previous nuclear proliferation activities and leaking the nuclear weapons technology to countr ..

"Saudi Arabia knows, I believe, that that is not going to make them safer, nor is it going to be easy because the very things that Iran went through, they would then be subject to with respect to inspection, NPT and so forth," Kerry said.

John Kerry warns Saudi Arabia of consequences if they get nuclear weapons - The Economic Times

LoL. Kerry has gone nuts. He should know that Saudi Arabia isn't Iran. There are many countries who won't sacrifice Saudi Arabia for the sake of the US. Our economy is very very solid and we have relations with Arab and Islamic countries as well as non Islamic countries who give a dam to the U.S. What sanctions could the U.S impose on us? The U.S wants to raise oil prices that's all.

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
He must be kidding. U.S' double standards are going to bring more damage to the world !

1st take out Israel's Nukes.
2nd prevent Iran from developing a nuclear weapon.
3rd NO one will try to get a nuclear weapon as long as ME is free form Nukes.

Otherwise............................;0

Prevent them all or allow them all.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
He must be kidding. U.S' double standards are going to bring more damage to the world !

1st take out Israel's Nukes.
2nd prevent Iran from developing a nuclear weapon.
3rd NO one will try to get a nuclear weapon as long as ME is free form Nukes.

Otherwise............................;0

Prevent them all or allow them all.

The US is in on position to prevent anyone otherwise it would have done it with NK and many other countries that acquired nukes such as Pakistan and India. I loled when I thought of sanctions.lol

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
The US is in on position to prevent anyone otherwise it would have done it with NK and many other countries that acquired nukes such as Pakistan and India. I loled when I thought of sanctions.lol

It won't take us a long time to develop a nuclear weapon. { if we don't have some already }:|}{

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I'm not concerned about that warning of Sec. Kerry. What I'm worried about is the probable war that could occur soon between Saudi Arabia and Iran. It is unimaginable for me to see the 2 Islamic countries in war and against each other. But I believe Kerry has to right to send that warning. At least it can somehow put doubts on the minds of the Saudi in purchasing nuclear weapons from Pakistan.

silentwarfare

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
USA
Kerry is a draft-dodger and he shouldn't even be US Secretary or telling anyone warnings with all the mad things he's complicit in with this administration. He knows as well as anyone else that Saudi Arabia and other places in the Middle East have had nuclear weapons before but not used them because they may want to destroy their enemies, but they are not fools and they know that if they use them then everyone will be gone and that's not what they're after. Israel has had nuclear weapons for a while now too, and it's both interesting and hypocritical for Kerry to warn Saudi Arabia of that, yet say nothing about it to them. The United States has enough things to worry about with our own people and economy than to have to play world babysitter and world police in things that shouldn't concern us but forces our hand to have to control anyway. I just wish we had someone like General Norman Schwarzkopf instead of someone like John Kerry calling the shots and running things. There's going to be consequences if Saudi Arabia gets nukes, but there's going to be consequences if America doesn't start taking care of Americans and stop taking care of every other place and people before them. There's so many homeless vets around my town now it's horrible, and it disgusts me that fat cat liberals like Kerry get to sit and telll Americans, American Soldiers, and even other nations what to do and how to be.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
The U.S hypocrisy can be quite irritating. Any nation will do whatever it takes to defend itself . . .

Saudi Arabia, I remember warned that should the Iran nuclear deal be ratified they'd have no option but to get themselves some nuclear weapons. If the international community wasn't trying hard enough to permanently stop Iran from building nuclear weapons then to balance the scales [so to say] then their [Iran's] neighbors had to get nukes.

The U.S should concern itself with more important things. Nukes can be sold and bought without much fanfare.