Joint military force | World Defense

Joint military force

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
Arab foreign ministers and Egypt agreed on a joint military force. The main motivation to this agreement is to fight terrorism, even if no organization names were mentioned.

Arab Foreign Ministers Agree on Joint Military Force

635629805763993452-000-Nic6432845.jpg

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
It has been posted already.

This is great. Joint military should have been formed long ago to deal with threats and fight terrorist organizations in the region starting from AlQaeda, ISIS, Hizbollah to the Shia Iraq militias ending by cutting the head of the snake the main funder and suppliers of weapons to these organizations Iran.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
While a joint military effort to fight terrorism is to be welcomed by the middle east countries, I'm feeling a little nervous as well of the prospect. While I don't think there will ever be peace in the middle eat, not in my lifetime anyway, this can go either two ways, it will work to eradicate a lot of terrorism and the organisations, but it could also fan the flames even more and push people into joining and making them same organisations stronger.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
I think that by them teaming up they increase their chances of eradicating the threat but can not eliminate the problem. Terrorist are created through dissatisfaction of living conditions and political strife which unfortunately can only be solved if their government stops being a bunch of terrorist themselves.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
People are stronger together than they are apart. The partnership is a great idea and hopefully other countries will follow suit. Perhaps people might start to realize that the majority of Muslims want to stamp out the terrorist activity, not encourage it.

drc65

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to figure out if this is an actual agreement to fight terrorism together or if there is an ulterior motive. The great thing here is Muslim leaders fighting Muslim terrorists, this will prevent the terrorists from recruiting simply based on religious preference.

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
I don't know if thus is a reaction to ISIS or not, but in fact I think it's great they unite to defeat their common enemies and agreement is always the best answer in what concerns defense problems.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
It also opens a doorway to future peaceful resolutions to problems between nations. Cooperation breeds acceptance. As they learn to work together to face a common goal, that alliance allows for understanding between leaders and nations. So if there is possible conflict in the future they are more willing to find a peaceful solution.

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
I totally agree with that, I mean, when all Arab countries form a joint military force it just means they will not attack each others and they will be the authority in the area for those breaking the rules, pretty much like NATO.