Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Jordan confirms pilot captured by Islamic State

_79923792_79923787.jpg

The Jordanian military has confirmed that one of its planes has crashed over northern Syria and that its pilot has been captured by Islamic State (IS).

The jihadist group earlier said it had shot down the jet with a heat-seeking missile near the city of Raqqa.

It published photographs showing the pilot, whom it identified as Flight Lieutenant Moaz Youssef al-Kasasbeh.

This is the first US-led coalition aircraft to be lost on IS territory since air strikes began in September.

Jordan is one of four Arab countries whose aircraft have been flying sorties over Syria.

'Heat-seeking missile'
On Wednesday morning, the UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, said it had received reports from its network of activists that IS members had taken "an Arab pilot prisoner after shooting his plane down with an anti-aircraft missile near the city of Raqqa".

_79924470_8eacd333-f07f-4a64-a28c-d8c0cdce392b.jpg
A photo of the Jordanian military ID card belonging to the captured pilot was also published
The pro-IS Raqqa Media Center also posted a photo on its Facebook page showing armed men taking the pilot out of what appeared to be a lake or river.

The man appeared able to stand but was bleeding from the mouth. He was wearing only a white T-shirt and was soaking wet.

A caption identified him as Lt Kasasbeh and later a photo appearing to show his military ID card was published.

Lt Kasasbeh's father, Youssef al-Kasasbeh, confirmed his son's plane had crashed in Syria in an interview with the Jordanian newspaper, Saraya.

BBC News - Jordan confirms pilot captured by Islamic State

@BLACKEAGLE @Ahmed JO

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Jordan should invade Syria, rescue the brave pilot or simply burn the country as a whole.

Justin

Reactions
61 2 0
Country
USA
So was the plane actually shot down by ISIS or did it crash nearby where they were able to capture the pilot?

I hope he gets home soon, safe and sound. If that didn't happen then someone take my deepest condolences to his family.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Jordanian warplane crashes in Syria’s Raqqa region, pilot taken hostage

Amman, Dec. 24 (Petra) -- A Royal Jordanian Air Force warplane crashed over the Raqqa province in Syria and the pilot was taken hostage by the Daash terrorist group, an official source in the Jordan Armed Forces announced on Wednesday.

As per the source, the incident occurred when a number of Royal Jordanian Air Force fighter jets were targeting certain positions of the terrorist organization in Raqqa.

"The pilot was taken hostage by the terrorist organization," the official source added.

"It is well known that this organization does not hide its terrorist agenda and has committed criminal acts and killed innocent Muslims and non-Muslims in Syria and Iraq. Therefore, Jordan holds this group and whoever supports it responsible for the safety and life of the pilot," the source said.

http://www.petra.gov.jo/public_news...u_ID=&Site_Id=2&lang=2&NewsID=177392&CatID=13

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Phucking moron went to kill Muslims instead of targeting Israel. He deserves it.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Phucking moron went to kill Muslims instead of targeting Israel. He deserves it.

Are you insane? Since when ISIS are muslims? Shame on you for such remarks. I really didn't expect that from you. Jordan has done a lot to Palestine, fought for it, hosted thousands of Palestinians, took a lot of economic burdens for the sake of Palestine.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Are you insane? Since when ISIS are muslims? Shame on you for such remarks. I really didn't expect that from you. Jordan has done a lot to Palestine, fought for it, hosted thousands of Palestinians, took a lot of economic burdens for the sake of Palestine.

The strikes barely targeted ISIS. They targeted other factions such as Ahrar-Al-Shaam in Aleppo/Idlib which has helped SAA. Now Aleppo is under major siege and will be lost. Arabs with this coalition has political implications. It shows Arab has no more interest in Syria and can tolerate Assad. Or it was plot in first place to divide Syria into two. Now the scholars of Saudi Arabia will be silent for years to come because political objective has been achieved.

What Jordan did 50 years ago is irrelevant. Half of Jordan is Palestinian anyways, I can criticize them all I want. Because it is something you people can't see through. This was a whole game from the start.

Arabs should be grateful for us Palestinians, if it wasn't for us God would have destroyed whole Arab world by now.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
The strikes barely targeted ISIS. They targeted other factions such as Ahrar-Al-Shaam in Aleppo/Idlib which has helped SAA. Now Aleppo is under major siege and will be lost. Arabs with this coalition has political implications. It shows Arab has no more interest in Syria and can tolerate Assad. Or it was plot in first place to divide Syria into two. Now the scholars of Saudi Arabia will be silent for years to come because political objective has been achieved.

What Jordan did 50 years ago is irrelevant. Half of Jordan is Palestinian anyways, I can criticize them all I want. Because it is something you people can't see through. This was a whole game from the start.

Arabs should be grateful for us Palestinians, if it wasn't for us God would have destroyed whole Arab world by now.

Wrong, the strikes targeted ISIS oil fields, weapon facilities and check points. Please be objective and factual instead of throwing conspiracy theories all the time.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Wrong, the strikes targeted ISIS oil fields, weapon facilities and check points. Please be objective and factual instead of throwing conspiracy theories all the time.

No I am not wrong, you aren't following anything. There's no conspiracy here, this coalition gave the regime huge advantages. Now they are taking remaining portions of Homs/Daraa which will be over in few months time then move from Idlib to areas around it. All that will be left for rebels is Aleppo and no doubt they will be encircled there in years time. Arab regimes don't care about any Arab.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
No I am not wrong, you aren't following anything. There's no conspiracy here, this coalition gave the regime huge advantages. Now they are taking remaining portions of Homs/Daraa which will be over in few months time then move from Idlib to areas around it. All that will be left for rebels is Aleppo and no doubt they will be encircled there in years time. Arab regimes don't care about any Arab.

Ya basha 7ram 3layk! Im following the news day by day and Im pretty much informed very well since I live in the region and know what is really going on on the ground. You lecture us everyday about morality yet you somewhat try to deceive me to win the argument. This is not a debate so chill out man.

The coalition isn't doing the regime any favor. It was the regime who facilitated the existence of ISIS in order to weaken the rebels. Now the FSA is squeezed from all angles by both the regime and ISIS. So fighting ISIS will make some room for the rebels to breath. Please get your fact straight.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Ya basha 7ram 3layk! Im following the news day by day and Im pretty much informed very well since I live in the region and know what is really going on on the ground. You lecture us everyday about morality yet you somewhat try to deceive me to win the argument. This is not a debate so chill out man.

The coalition isn't doing the regime any favor. It was the regime who facilitated the existence of ISIS in order to weaken the rebels. Now the FSA is squeezed from all angles by both the regime and ISIS. So fighting ISIS will make some room for the rebels to breath. Please get your fact straight.

Please don't see me as any more moral than you guys. I just have strict political views, it doesn't mean I'm very religious. I don't see how any of us expect Syrian opposition to survive at this rate they will be gone within 2-3 years if they get no support. But, okay, khaleenah inshoof.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Please don't see me as any more moral than you guys. I just have strict political views, it doesn't mean I'm very religious. I don't see how any of us expect Syrian opposition to survive at this rate they will be gone within 2-3 years if they get no support. But, okay, khaleenah inshoof.

Take a chill pill mate and relax.(:-)

Syria will achieved freedom so as Palestine sooner or later. At least from what I can see despite the complexity of these two issues.

mikeqin

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
U.S. says Jordanian plane crashed in Syria, Islamic State captured pilot. U.S. denies that plane shot down.