Jordan King Pledges Action After Intelligence Officers Killed | World Defense

Jordan King Pledges Action After Intelligence Officers Killed

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
I hadn't heard about this attack when I saw the headline, so it caught my attention. I guess that's due to the news blackout. I like to know what's going on, but I can definitely understand the need to keep at least some of the most pertinent information close to the vest.

I don't always believe my government when it states that decisive action will be taken, but somehow I think King Abdullah II will follow through on his statement, and the perpetrator will be caught and punished. I hope that happens sooner, rather than later. http://www.france24.com/en/20160607...ligence-officers-killed?ref=tw_i&dlvrit=66745

John Snort

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Egypt
Jordan does a lot of flip-flopping. After ISIS killed their pilot the King vowed a "relentless war" against ISIS. Less than a week later they said the dead pilot had been avenged. True but that wasn't "relentless war." I think they've embraced propaganda wars same way the Russians did. It's a psychological thing. Tell the people what they want to hear while at the same intimidating their enemy. It is a strategy that never fails to work.

remnant

Reactions
8 1 0
Country
Kenya
This necessitates the need for a proactive approach rather than a reactive approach. It should encompass all aspects of security preparedness. Preemptive strikes are one option followed by intelligence and counterintelligence capability upgrades. An oft ignored approach is negotiating with terrorists which is taken by false heroes to kowtow to their whims. This should be done through informal channels through the intelligence community in advance in the spirit of live and let live if one lives in a frontline state. As for now, Jordan can continue with its ego trips.

explorerx7

Reactions
37 1 0
Country
Jamaica
This is a reminder of how volatile the state of affairs in that region is. There is some much tribalism which maintains continual conflict upon conflict. Many persons have become a target because of ethnic rivalry. I am wondering what's the motive behind this attack and also if the Jordanian Government will be able to bring the perpetrators to book.