Jordanian King wants US weapons | World Defense

Jordanian King wants US weapons

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
After the Jordanian pilot was killed by ISIS, the Jordanian king is determined to attack ISIS and wants now to buy weapons to the US. Will these weapons be enough?

Full story

635586528003207245-462714690.jpg

jeremy2

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Kenya
I think the king needs to reconsider his strategy.Big guns alone will not eliminate IS.What is required is a multi-pronged approach.He needs to join forces with other countries that are also battling the militants since IS exists in a number of countries.What is needed here is a unified force that can combine resources to battle this emerging terrorist group.

Shimus

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
USA
Exactly like Jeremy said. Allying with the neighboring countries and then form a multi-based attack. The weapons will help, sure... but the power needs to come from his own hand or his people will see him as weak, and then ISIS will take advantage, and then I can see them calling on the US for help....

But you have to try and stand on your own two legs first.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
I don't think Jordan is going to buy any weapons from the US at the meantime. There is no negotiation whatsoever its only media speculation.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
With the war on terror taking off alongside with the war over Crimea, no doubt the United States economy will fast track to recovery. Not only is their military presence in demand, many countries are buying US-manufactured weapons. What better way to silence terrorists, right? Jordan will definitely get the appropriate weapons.

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
Yes, that is an interesting perspective you have there xTinx, along with the horror and death that war brings, this is also a significant boost to the US economy with all the weapons sold.

Shimus

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
USA
A good example of this is the Nicholas Cage movie, "Lord of War" - guns themselves are useless, there needs to be a War for you to peddle them in - and if you can't, most times people will encourage the start of one. I know it's a Hollywood movie and you have to take it at face value but the underlying comments on life and war are undeniable.