Jordanians stage rally to protest gas deal with Israel | World Defense

Jordanians stage rally to protest gas deal with Israel

Reactions
21 0 0
Country
Iran
Jordanians stage rally to protest gas deal with Israel

Thousands of Jordanian protesters have taken to the streets to denounce the government’s plan to sign a multi-billion-dollar gas deal with Israel.

Members of various political groups as well as ordinary citizens took part at the major protest rally in the capital Amman on Friday.

The angry demonstrators called on the government not to sign the gas imports deal with Israel.

The protesters held placards reading that the gas deal will burn al-Aqsa mosque and that the deal amounts to treason to Islam and Muslims.

Activists and some political factions have also urged the government to cancel a peace deal with Tel Aviv.

Jordan is Israel’s second ally in the Arab world after Egypt. Amman signed a peace treaty with Tel Aviv in 1994 that made Jordan the custodian of Muslim holy sites in East al-Quds (Jerusalem).

Several protests have been held against the 15-billion-dollar deal over the past few weeks.

Amman claims that the agreement could help avert drastic problems such as daily power cuts or rising electricity bills.

Based on the yet-to-be finalized deal, Jordan would get 45 billion cubic meters of gas over a 15-year period.

The developments come as tension has risen between Israel and Jordan over recent Israeli incursions into al-Aqsa Mosque compound in East al-Quds.

Jordan has recently recalled its ambassador to Israel and moved to lodge a complaint at the United Nations in early December.

Israel closed the al-Aqsa Mosque to Muslim worshippers on October 30, after a 32-year-old Palestinian, Moataz Hejazi, was accused of making an attempt on the life of far-right Israeli rabbi Yehuda Glick on October 29. Hejazi was killed during an Israeli raid on his home in the Abu Tor neighborhood.

Tel Aviv then imposed restrictions on male worshippers, allowing only those over 50 into the holy site.

Mahmoud Abbas, the president of the Palestinian national unity government, warned that the Israeli move amounted to a “declaration of war.”

PressTV - Jordanians stage rally to protest gas deal with Israel

mikeqin

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
This was in the making for a long time with the objective of having a gas pipeline through Syria. Expect Israeli attacks on Syria in support of terrorists to intensify.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
@Ahmed JO

Is this due to take place in 2017?

Press TV at it again. Jordan has taken all steps to ensure every voice is heard. Also all parties in Jordan are very mature and have always believed in dialogue to achieving their goals except the MB.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Press TV at it again. Jordan has taken all steps to ensure every voice is heard. Also all parties in Jordan are very mature and have always believed in dialogue to achieving their goals except the MB.

What does MB have to do with this? Some things are irrational. If Jordan can have alternative to this gas deal it is better than pumping money into Israel's economy by purchasing stolen Palestinian gas off Gaza's shores.

If any Muslim disagrees with this then he deserves to be shot dead. Stupid, cowardly traitors like that should not dictate our policies.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
What does MB have to do with this? Some things are irrational. If Jordan can have alternative to this gas deal it is better than pumping money into Israel's economy by purchasing stolen Palestinian gas off Gaza's shores.

If any Muslim disagrees with this then he deserves to be shot dead. Stupid, cowardly traitors like that should not dictate our policies.

I was referring to the protesting so don't get me wrong. I find protesting as uncivilized mean of expression. I think dialogue is the best way to come to an agreement rather thank walking the street if you catch what I mean.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
I was referring to the protesting so don't get me wrong. I find protesting as uncivilized mean of expression. I think dialogue is the best way to come to an agreement rather thank walking the street if you catch what I mean.

No dialogue against irrational things which support killing of our brothers. At time of Umar(RA) which Gulf Arabs claim to praise he would have killed all of you for considering such thing. Israel is not at peace with us, when it learns to make peace then there is no harm in cooperation. It's red line to help enhance their war against us.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
No dialogue against irrational things which support killing of our brothers. At time of Umar(RA) which Gulf Arabs claim to praise he would have killed all of you for considering such thing. Israel is not at peace with us, when it learns to make peace then there is no harm in cooperation. It's red line to help enhance their war against us.

Relax, I was merely pointing out that protesting has proven to be destructive and not constructive. At the end of the day no one would ever want to normalize any kind of relation with the occupiers and you know that. This has been our position and will remain as its until Israel recognize Palestine as a state and Jerusalem as its capital.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Relax, I was merely pointing out that protesting has proven to be destructive and not constructive. At the end of the day no one would ever want to normalize any kind of relation with the occupiers and you know that. This has been our position and will remain as its until Israel recognize Palestine as a state and Jerusalem as its capital.

Protesting is destructive because Arab rulers will torture/destroy anyone and their family if they criticize any of their policies. When will our people realize it is time for social/political change....