July 4th Fighter Jets Tradition | World Defense

July 4th Fighter Jets Tradition

DancingLady

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
In many parts of the U.S., there is a tradition of having fighter jets fly over before the start of the Independence Day parade and festivities. Yesterday I got to thinking, what all is behind this tradition, and how is it viewed today by people of military or non military background.

I kinda like the jets just because they are cool to see. Kids get excited because in my town we rarely see any planes larger than the 2-4 seater private planes some people have. I can see the jets being a symbol of military strength though, a reminder that we think we are on top perhaps?

bennewcombe

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
"
In many parts of the U.S., there is a tradition of having fighter jets fly over before the start of the Independence Day parade and festivities. Yesterday I got to thinking, what all is behind this tradition, and how is it viewed today by people of military or non military background.

I kinda like the jets just because they are cool to see. Kids get excited because in my town we rarely see any planes larger than the 2-4 seater private planes some people have. I can see the jets being a symbol of military strength though, a reminder that we think we are on top perhaps?

Read more: https://world-defense.com/threads/july-4th-fighter-jets-tradition.2453/#ixzz3f2YSgQF

I agree ^^^^