King of Saudi Arabia left Obama alone to attend prayer

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
King Salman left Obama alone to attend prayer

King Salman leaves Obama welcoming ceremony to pray

Here is a video showing Saudi King Salman leaving the ceremony to welcome Barack Obama midway to offer Namaz (Islamic prayer).

Last edited:

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
I like it. Place man in his place regardless of his title/station and give honor to HIM who is FIRST and ABOVE all. I hope people would learn a thing or two from King Salman's action — God comes first and should at all times. Everything else comes a distant second.

Last edited:

horse next door

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Germany
If it s just the welcome ceremony he left him alone, then it is not a big deal. If it was an important meeting instead, then it would be the opposite. Obama is a busy man. He can not waste any time and it is really disrespectful towards him.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
If it s just the welcome ceremony he left him alone, then it is not a big deal. If it was an important meeting instead, then it would be the opposite. Obama is a busy man. He can not waste any time and it is really disrespectful towards him.
It's not disrespectful. Hussein Obama himself knows more about Islam than he'd like to admit. So I'm certain that he understood.

But let's hear it from the horse's mouth:
40 mind-blowing quotes from Barack Obama about Islam and Christianity -
"#2 “The sweetest sound I know is the Muslim call to prayer”.

The sweetest sound . . .

horse next door

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Germany
It's not disrespectful. Hussein Obama himself knows more about Islam than he'd like to admit. So I'm certain that he understood.

But let's hear it from the horse's mouth:
40 mind-blowing quotes from Barack Obama about Islam and Christianity -
"#2 “The sweetest sound I know is the Muslim call to prayer”.

The sweetest sound . . .

If he is okay with delaying a meeting, then it is alright. I just do not think he has made a long way to Saudi Arabia for getting put on hold.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
What meeting? The welcome ceremony doesn't count as one, does it?

I'm sure when the King's meetings with foreign leaders are scheduled in such way that there's no conflict of interest between matters of the state and matters of the heart/soul.

horse next door

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Germany
Well there must have been some reason why Obama has travelled there, right? And the most reasonable thing is because of a meeting.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
He was out there to offer his condolences. That's the main reason he was in Saudi Arabia.

"President Barack Obama will lead a delegation to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to offer condolences to the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abd al-Aziz Al Saud, on the passing of the King Abdullah bin Abd al-Aziz."

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
I am sure President Obama did not mind that the King was practicing his religion in his country while he was mourning. He was their on the behalf of America to offer condolences not for pride or ego. Even if it was more formal, I would still expect the King to pray.