Kohli is not a patriot because he got married in Italy: BJP MLA: | World Defense

Kohli is not a patriot because he got married in Italy: BJP MLA:

A123

Reactions
212 4 0
Country
Malaysia
Kohli is not a patriot because he got married in Italy: BJP MLA:

A Bharatiya Janata Party MLA from Madhya Pradesh today questioned the patriotism of cricketer Virat Kohli for preferring Italy over India to get married to Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma.

While inaugurating a 'Skill India Centre' in Guna, the legislator from from Guna, Panna Lal Shakya, told a gathering: "Virat earned money in India... But he didn't find any place to marry in the country. Is Hindustan untouchable?"

He went on to add, "Lord Rama, Lord Krishna, Vikramaditya, Yudhishthir got married on this land. You all must have got married here. None of us goes to a foreign country to get married ... (Kohli) earned money here and spent billions there (Italy)... (he) doesn't have any respect for the country. This proves he is not a patriot."
The Indian cricket captain and Anushka got married at a private ceremony in Tuscany, Italy, last week.

Shakya said that the training (imparted at Skill India Centre) would be useless, if the trainees would not work here.

"After getting trained, you all should work here in the country. This would be the biggest national service. Otherwise, earn money and go to Italy to marry like Virat, enjoy picnic and come back," he said.

He even said that dancers from Italy become millionaires in India.

"If you think minutely, then you will know that the dancers of Italy become millionaires here and you are taking country's money there. Then what will you give to the country? Howsoever big one may be, he can't become our ideal person. Our ideal person is one who is honest to the country and earns money through hard work," Shakya said. -- PTI

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
It would be stupid if you marry to prove your patriotism. The BJP and other Indian nationalists need to relax their expectations a bit, afford people some liberty, not everything done needs to prove your patriotism. Virat plays for his country, wears his country's color ....... if he betrays you in the cricket filed that would make sense for your allegations ......... but his marriage shouldn't certify his patriotism.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Can be spotted twenty miles away.

Don't need him here.
Exactly! Each time I see his Avatar, I get hungry.:xD:

I think he had a feeling the Bhakts were going to drive you insane here as well, so he has already dug in and taken a vantage spot *-)