Kurdish militia says Turkish army fired at its positions inside Syria | World Defense

Kurdish militia says Turkish army fired at its positions inside Syria

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Kurdish militia says Turkish army fired at its positions inside Syria| Reuters

The Kurdish YPG militia said the Turkish army shelled its positions in a village on the outskirts of the Islamic State-held border town of Jarablus in northern Syria and urged Ankara to halt attacks on its forces.

Several tank rounds from across the border hit its positions and the Turkish army was targeting them instead of the "terrorists", a YPG statement said.

"It is an aggression that should be stopped," it said.

The statement also said a YPG vehicle came under heavy fire from the Turkish military in a village east of the devastated border city of Kobani.

Turkey has dramatically escalated its role in the U.S.-led coalition against Islamic State, which has seized much of Syria's north and east, since a suspected IS suicide bomber killed 32 people in a town close to the Syrian border.

But it has also struck Kurdish targets.

Turkish fighter jets and ground forces hit Islamic State militants in Syria and Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) camps in Iraq on Saturday, in a campaign Ankara said would help create a "safe zone" across swathes of northern Syria.

The attacks against the PKK will likely deal a blow to the fragile peace process with the Kurds that was started in late 2012.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Please enlighten me on this. On whose side are the Kurds? From what I understand, Kurds are rebels and Turkey wants them out of the way. Does this news mean that Turkey has the intent to attack the Kurds? Because the way the news was presented, it appears to me that Kurds seem to complain that they are attacked. If they are enemies, why would they complain? I'm confused.

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
Please enlighten me on this. On whose side are the Kurds? From what I understand, Kurds are rebels and Turkey wants them out of the way. Does this news mean that Turkey has the intent to attack the Kurds? Because the way the news was presented, it appears to me that Kurds seem to complain that they are attacked. If they are enemies, why would they complain? I'm confused.
There are three Kurdish factions,

1-The KRG(Northern Iraq),Turkiye has no problem with them,Turkiye buys oil and sell goods,helps buildl their infrastructure.
2-The PKK is a terrorist organisation recognized by 90% of the world as one,since the 1980s they commit terror acts in Turkiye against citizens,police and soldiers,40.000 have already died because of them.
3-The YPG in Syria is the Syrian branch of the PKK,they used to send terrorists from Kobani to Turkiye to commit terror acts(supported by Assad and Iran).

The YPG says they have nothing to do with the PKK and that they are friendly with Turkiye,they also state that they dont want an independent Kurdish state in Syria which is unacceptable for Turkiye,Syria must stay as Syria(one country).
The US supports the YPG because they fight ISIS,the US and the rest of the west see ISIS as the only danger but Turkiye sees both ISIS and the Kurds(YPG,PKK) as the danger.

To your question,
The Kurds(YPG) are only on their own side,they want all other minorities(Arabs,Turkmens,Assyrians,Arameans etc) out of their ''liberated'' territories.
It has been proven many times.
Turkiye knowing all this doesnt want a Kurdish state along its 900 km border with Syria.
Turkiye wants both gone ISIS and the YPG.

Last edited:

sunflogun

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
Thanks for the detailed explanation 123456. In fact there are so many conflict and they are so complex that many times we don't even know who is on each side. The Turkish are in a dangerous location.

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
Thanks for the detailed explanation 123456. In fact there are so many conflict and they are so complex that many times we don't even know who is on each side. The Turkish are in a dangerous location.
Yes we are,people in the west dont understand why we do what we do.
The western media is biased against Turkiye,they think that we dont care for human life.
They see ISIS as the big evil but who caused the rise of ISIS?
It was Obama with his fake red lines,if he had acted when Assad killed more then 100k of his own people,barrelbombed whole neigbourhoods,walsed over innocent women and children with his tanks,none of the next 100k would have died.
ISIS chopped some heads killed,lets say 20k but because the media showed all the beheadings,the world sees ISIS as the only evil,why dont we ever see or hear anything about Assads crimes,do you see the double standart here?
Why did Turkiye take 2 million refugees,where is the help from the west?
We are already in for $6 billion,no help from the west,only Arab countries(KSA,GCC) help out.
Look at what happened when some 10k Yezidi Kurds got stuck on a mountain,the whole world wanted to help.
Why not before when 200k Sunni Arabs were killed?
Arent Sunni Arabs human?
The west is playing a dangerous game but we know how to win this game.
Normally im not a west versus east person but this is ridiculous.
We have our own interests,we will only fight for our interests.
Obama is the biggest loser of all time,he is a disgrace to the American people,the sooner he is gone,the better for the US and the world.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
There are three Kurdish factions,

1-The KRG(Northern Iraq),Turkiye has no problem with them,Turkiye buys oil and sell goods,helps buildl their infrastructure.
2-The PKK is a terrorist organisation recognized by 90% of the world as one,since the 1980s they commit terror acts in Turkiye against citizens,police and soldiers,40.000 have already died because of them.
3-The YPG in Syria is the Syrian branch of the PKK,they used to send terrorists from Kobani to Turkiye to commit terror acts(supported by Assad and Iran).

The YPG says they have nothing to do with the PKK and that they are friendly with Turkiye,they also state that they dont want an independent Kurdish state in Syria which is unacceptable for Turkiye,Syria must stay as Syria(one country).
The US supports the YPG because they fight ISIS,the US and the rest of the west see ISIS as the only danger but Turkiye sees both ISIS and the Kurds(YPG,PKK) as the danger.

To your question,
The Kurds(YPG) are only on their own side,they want all other minorities(Arabs,Turkmens,Assyrians,Arameans etc) out of their ''liberated'' territories.
It has been proven many times.
Turkiye knowing all this doesnt want a Kurdish state along its 900 km border with Syria.
Turkiye wants both gone ISIS and the YPG.

Gee, that's a very detailed and clear explanation to my question. Definitely I am now enlightened knowing that there are 3 groups of Kurds. And it's only now that I learned about tribal minorities in Syria. And from your post, I am now seeing something - those 3 Kurds can be at odds with each other, I mean one group can be used to fight another group that would be Kurds against Kurds. Great.

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
Gee, that's a very detailed and clear explanation to my question. Definitely I am now enlightened knowing that there are 3 groups of Kurds. And it's only now that I learned about tribal minorities in Syria. And from your post, I am now seeing something - those 3 Kurds can be at odds with each other, I mean one group can be used to fight another group that would be Kurds against Kurds. Great.
Why do you think there was never a Kurdish country?
They cant stand each other,most tribes(called ashiret) hate each other.
One Ashiret could consists of at least 10k people.
Barzani(KRG president) is from a big Ashiret,his opponent Talabani from another.
Try marrying a Yezidi girl as a Sunni,Shia,Christian,Atheist or from whatever religion Kurd,they will hunt you both down and kill(literally burn) you both.
A Yezidi can only marry a Yezidi.

Sinan

Reactions
226 2 0
Country
Turkey
I say this pretty often.....Even many of the Western commentators doesn't know the full situation. Like "Turkey bombing PKK has no relevance or impact on YPG"...but they say "Turkey bombing Kurds".....it's not like that at all.

And @T-123456 even didn't count the non-Kurd factions in Syria and Iraq....it's super complex.

sunflogun

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
Yeah, that is seen quite often on TV, commentators are talking about the conflict and they are themselves confused. I do wonder if the people fighting why they are still doing it.

sunflogun

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
Yes we are,people in the west dont understand why we do what we do.
The western media is biased against Turkiye,they think that we dont care for human life.
They see ISIS as the big evil but who caused the rise of ISIS?
It was Obama with his fake red lines,if he had acted when Assad killed more then 100k of his own people,barrelbombed whole neigbourhoods,walsed over innocent women and children with his tanks,none of the next 100k would have died.
ISIS chopped some heads killed,lets say 20k but because the media showed all the beheadings,the world sees ISIS as the only evil,why dont we ever see or hear anything about Assads crimes,do you see the double standart here?
Why did Turkiye take 2 million refugees,where is the help from the west?
We are already in for $6 billion,no help from the west,only Arab countries(KSA,GCC) help out.
Look at what happened when some 10k Yezidi Kurds got stuck on a mountain,the whole world wanted to help.
Why not before when 200k Sunni Arabs were killed?
Arent Sunni Arabs human?
The west is playing a dangerous game but we know how to win this game.
Normally im not a west versus east person but this is ridiculous.
We have our own interests,we will only fight for our interests.
Obama is the biggest loser of all time,he is a disgrace to the American people,the sooner he is gone,the better for the US and the world.

I was not aware that the world was against Turkish, I am not against them, quite the contrary. I feel that you are on a delicate geographical location and for that reason you need to be prepared to face ISIS and similar groups.

Sinan

Reactions
226 2 0
Country
Turkey
Yeah, that is seen quite often on TV, commentators are talking about the conflict and they are themselves confused. I do wonder if the people fighting why they are still doing it.
:)

Commentators should look at the below pic and stop lumping all of the factions as Kurds.
_84524555_kurd_groups_turk_govt_624in.png

On a short note PKK is not actively fighting against ISIS. At the initial stage they offered some help to Peshmerga, that's it.

Last edited: