Kurdish State in the making news & updates | Page 2 | World Defense

Kurdish State in the making news & updates

Mootaz24

Reactions
87 2 0
Country
Tunisia
i read in news about some countries oppose the split and i hope that in the upcoming Arab League conference they threat kurd of any independence movement means the kurd self Autonomous region will be put to end and back to pre 1970 iraq

لا إستقلال الكرد فهم عملاء الصهائنة

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
i read in news about some countries oppose the split and i hope that in the upcoming Arab League conference they threat kurd of any independence movement means the kurd self Autonomous region will be put to end and back to pre 1970 iraq

لا إستقلال الكرد فهم عملاء الصهائنة

We will have to wait and see but things are going in the side of the Kurds now.

على اساس الروافض ليسو عملاء؟ جميعهم طينه وحده

Mootaz24

Reactions
87 2 0
Country
Tunisia
We will have to wait and see but things are going in the side of the Kurds now.

على اساس الروافض ليسو عملاء؟ جميعهم طينه وحده
it's better to keep the unity of Iraq because if Kurd become independent they will support kurds in turkey to be independent and that's really bad because that fuel the war between Turkey and PKK terrorist
and they will do same in syria and support the YPG terrorists

يعتبر اتراك مسلمون سنة ... أما الكرد معضمهم ملحدون شيوعيون

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
it's better to keep the unity of Iraq because if Kurd become independent they will support kurds in turkey to be independent and that's really bad because that fuel the war between Turkey and PKK terrorist
and they will do same in syria and support the YPG terrorists

يعتبر اتراك مسلمون سنة ... أما الكرد معضمهم ملحدون شيوعيون

I agree with you and that is what I'm hoping the arab league will push for in their upcoming gathering but if shit hits the fan then what we are going to do? open a new front? I don't think so and not even Iraqi army can open another front against the Kurds nor Turkey can do it nor Iran. Maybe through dialogue this issue can be solved like giving the Kurds more autonomous power.

Mootaz24

Reactions
87 2 0
Country
Tunisia
I agree with you and that is what I'm hoping the arab league will push for in their upcoming gathering but if shit hits the fan then what we are going to do? open a new front? I don't think so and not even Iraqi army can open another front against the Kurds nor Turkey can do it nor Iran. Maybe through dialogue this issue can be solved like giving the Kurds more autonomous power.
i hope they come to their sense and stop this independence movement and about if shit happens i tell you that i follow lot of Turkish pages and they are ready to go to war as they say because they have one thing that kurd don't have air superiority and kurds don't have something that will threat fighters or helicopters

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Kurds, Iraqi forces face off as Baghdad deadline expires
Thousands of Iraqi troops and Kurdish peshmerga fighters were locked in a standoff in Kirkuk province, as the Baghdad-imposed deadline for Kurds to leave military positions in the disputed oil-rich region expired.

The Kurdish forces were given a deadline of 2 a.m. local time Sunday (2300 GMT Saturday) to surrender their positions and return to their pre-June 2014 positions.
At the scene, a photographer with the Agence France-Presse reported seeing armored vehicles bearing the Iraqi national flag on the banks of a river on the southern outskirts of the city of Kirkuk.
"Our forces are not moving and are now waiting for orders from the general staff," an Iraqi army officer told AFP.
Facing the Iraqi forces on the opposite bank of the river were Kurdish peshmerga fighters.
On Friday, Kurdish authorities said they had sent thousands more troops to Kirkuk to confront Iraqi "threats."
Tensions soar after 'illegal' referendum
Tensions between the two allies in the war against the "Islamic State" (IS) have been escalating since a Kurdish independence referendum last month that Baghdad has called "anti-constitutional."
The Kurds overwhelmingly voted for an independent state in the September 25 referendum.

Abadi has repeatedly denied any plans to attack the Kurds
Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi demanded that Kurdish leaders annul the referendum vote and called for a dialogue within the framework of the constitution.
After the referendum, the Iraqi parliament asked the prime minister to use armed force to retake control of the oil-rich Kirkuk, claimed by both Iraqi Kurdistan and the Iraqi central government in Baghdad.
The Kurdish peshmerga prevented the province's oil fields from falling into the hands of IS jihadists in 2014.
The Kurdish regional government included the disputed oil-rich province in the independence referendum, reflecting the Kurds' historical claim to the area. Baghdad had controlled Kirkuk before IS pushed out the Iraqi army three years ago.

'No plans for a military operation'
Abadi has repeatedly denied any plans to attack the Kurds, insisting Thursday that he was "not going... to make war on our Kurdish citizens."
But thousands of heavily armed troops and members of the Popular Mobilization paramilitary force, formed mainly by Iranian-trained Shiite groups, have taken position around Kirkuk.
Kurdish peshmerga fighters also rejected a 2100 GMT deadline from the paramilitary force to withdraw from a strategic junction south of Kirkuk city, Reuters news agency reported, citing a Kurdish security official. The strategic position north of the Maktab Khalid junction controls access to an airbase and some of the oil fields located in the region.
ap/cmk (AFP, Reuters)

http://www.dw.com/en/kurds-iraqi-forces-face-off-as-baghdad-deadline-expires/a-40956560

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Kurdistan Security Council: Iraqi forces, Hashd al-Shaabi advance towards Kirkuk

BreakingNewsEnglish.jpg

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region (Kurdistan 24) – The Kurdistan Region Security Council (KRSC) stated that Iraqi forces and Hashd al-Shaabi are advancing towards Peshmerga frontlines from Taza in south Kirkuk.
The KRSC said on Monday that the Iraqi forces, including Hashd al-Shaabi militias are advancing from Taza South West Kirkuk in a major operation with the intention to enter the city.
The Iraqi media reported that the Hashd al-Shaabi (also known as Popular Mobilization Force) attack on the Peshmerga forces from six directions.

Updates to follow…

http://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/7623064c-f7db-4ff7-945b-8bee539e672f

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Iraq says vast areas taken from Kurds in Kirkuk, Kurds deny gains

BAGHDAD: Iraqi government forces took control of “vast areas” in the region of Kirkuk, including oilfields west of the city, in the early hours of Monday, Iraqi state TV said, but the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) disputed the assertions.
Iraqi Prime Minister Haider Al-Abadi ordered security forces “to impose security in Kirkuk in cooperation with the population of the city and the Peshmerga,” the TV reports said.
The elite, US-trained “Counter Terrorism Service, the 9th armored division and Federal Police have taken control of vast areas of Kirkuk without confrontations,” it said, and oilfields and Kurdish military positions were captured.
However, a KRG security official denied that Iraqi forces were able to get closer to the city or take territory from the Kurdish Peshmerga fighters.
The official told Reuters the oilfields and the air base west of Kirkuk were still under Kurdish control.
The US Defense Department urged Iraqi and Kurdish forces “to avoid additional escalatory actions,” saying in a statement it opposed destabilising actions that detract from the battle against Daesh militants.
The United States provided weapons to both the Iraqi army and the Peshmerga to fight Daesh militants.
The conflict in Iraq helped spur a jump in world oil prices on Monday.
Neither side provided a toll of casualties.

IRAQI ASSAULTS
The most serious clash happened south of Kirkuk, an exchange of artillery fire between the Peshmerga and Popular Mobilization, a mainly Shiite Iraqi paramilitary force trained and armed by Iran, the KRG official said.
The KRG official said Peshmerga had pushed back two assaults by the Iraqi forces south of the city and destroyed several Humvees used by Popular Mobilization.
Popular Mobilization is providing support to the Iraqi operation in Kirkuk, according to state TV.
The Iraqi government and the KRG have been at loggerheads since a Sept. 25 Kurdish independence referendum, rejected as illegal by Baghdad.
Kirkuk, a multi-ethnic city with a large Kurdish community, shaped as a flashpoint because it is claimed by both sides.
Residents of Kirkuk said there was no sign the Iraqi forces were getting close to the city itself, which is under the control of the Kurdish Asayish police.
Tension was running high at the news of the Iraqi operation and young Kurds carrying automatic guns were seen in the streets until the early hours of Monday.
There were clashes between Kurdish and Shiite Turkmen groups in another city, Tuz Khormatu, about 75 km (50 miles) south of Kirkuk, but no casualties were reported.
“Iraqi forces and Popular Mobilization are now advancing from Taza, south of Kirkuk, in a major operation,” the KRG Security Council said in a statement around midnight.
“Their intention is to enter the city and take over the K1 air base and oil fields,” all located west of the city, it said.

DEMAND REJECTED
The Iraqi forces’ operation in the region of Kirkuk followed meetings held on Sunday by the Iraqi government in Baghdad and the Kurdish leadership in the town of Dokan.
It also coincided with a visit to the Kurdistan region by Iranian Major General Qassem Soleimani. He is the commander of foreign operations for Iran’s elite Revolutionary Guards, who provide training and guns to Popular Mobilization.
KRG President Masoud Barzani and top Kurdish officials who met in Dokan rejected the Iraqi government’s demand that it cancel the outcome of the independence referendum as a precondition for talks to resolve the dispute.
Kirkuk, a city of more than a million people with a large Kurdish community, lies just outside KRG territory, but Peshmerga forces were stationed there in 2014 when Iraqi security forces collapsed in the face of a Daesh onslaught.
The Peshmerga deployment prevented Kirkuk’s oilfields from falling into jihadist hands.
The Baghdad central government has taken a series of steps to isolate the autonomous Kurdish region since its vote for independence, including banning international flights.
Baghdad’s tough line, ruling out talks sought by the Kurds unless they renounce the breakaway move, is backed by neighbors Turkey and Iran — both with their own sizeable Kurdish minorities — and, in Turkey’s case, a long-running Kurdish insurgency.
The United States has taken the side of the Iraqi government in refusing to recognize the validity of the referendum.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
i hope they come to their sense and stop this independence movement and about if shit happens i tell you that i follow lot of Turkish pages and they are ready to go to war as they say because they have one thing that kurd don't have air superiority and kurds don't have something that will threat fighters or helicopters

Abadi the PM of iraq is heading to Saudi Arabia tomorrow to discuss this issue with the King Salman. Im eager to know the outcome of the meeting.

Mootaz24

Reactions
87 2 0
Country
Tunisia
Abadi the PM of iraq is heading to Saudi Arabia tomorrow to discuss this issue with the King Salman. Im eager to know the outcome of the meeting.
i think he is going to ask for KSA Support in the Karkuk campaign and pushing KSA to stand against Kurd independence

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
i think he is going to ask for KSA Support in the Karkuk campaign and pushing KSA to stand against Kurd independence
Saudi arabia has already announced it position against the creation of Kurdistan and affirmed its position on the unity of Iraq.

Ejaz

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
18 0 0
Country
Pakistan
Kurdish will be crushed by Turkey and Iran.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Kurdish will be crushed by Turkey and Iran.

Oops already happened. But this time not by Iran or Turkey but Iraqi sectarian army.