Labour MP tells Boris Johnson to apologise for burqa remarks

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Labour MP tells Boris Johnson to apologise for burqa remarks
04 Sept 2019

The Labour MP Tanmanjeet Singh Dhesi, who wears a turban, won a round of applause in the Commons for asking an angry and passionate question about Boris Johnson’s language about minorities, and particularly his column about Muslim women who wear the burqa looking like letterboxes.

The prime minister said his comments were 'a strong liberal defence of what women wear', adding: 'Under this government, we have the most diverse cabinet in the history of this country'.

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
Insults = Liberal defense?

Weird! Still trying to make sense of it. |0|

Freedom of BS is next I guess.

He couldn't give any reasonable explanation. In fact he ended up telling the Singh that he doesn't have any connection with Muslims, and the justification is that we have the most diverse cabinet .... like is it a favor or were they really competent to be in his cabinet?

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Freedom of BS is next I guess.

He couldn't give any reasonable explanation. In fact he ended up telling the Singh that he doesn't have any connection with Muslims, and the justification is that we have the most diverse cabinet .... like is it a favor or were they really competent to be in his cabinet?
His reply can be adequately summed up with these words "Twisitng in the wind"