Large Demonstrations in Iraq

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
@Scorpion

There's no oppression in the Arab world right ... this is the 'democracy' in Iraq ... would happen in your country too if demonstrations occurred:

Iraqi security forces torturing a demonstrator:

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Another example of the regime forces shooting at a teenage demonstrator. Then shooting at others trying to evacuate him. Meanwhile, the pro-Iran fanatics from Lebanon, Syria, Iran, Iraq and Pakistan don't share a single video of these atrocities.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Look at this sick bastard, calling the demonstrations 'riots'. This stupid bastard lives in Canada and I don't even know if he is Iraqi or what. Why these stupid bastards are scholars? Is it that what scholars have come to? Shame on all Muslims.

What a fucking joke you Muslims are. Your state is in the gutter because you allow shitty people like these to assume important and influential roles like this. I am disgusted and continue to be disgusted by you Muslims who neglect all of Islam and have not upheld one tenet of Islam you god damned liars.

Last edited:

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
@Scorpion

There's no oppression in the Arab world right ... this is the 'democracy' in Iraq ... would happen in your country too if demonstrations occurred:

Iraqi security forces torturing a demonstrator:

Demonstration happens for a reason mainly related to living standard people struggling to afford loaf of bread. When I say there is no oppression in the Arab world, I meant the big the picture. Iraq, Syria are out of the equation. One country is run by a sectarian brutal regime controlled by blood thirsty monster Ayto-alkalb Khamenei and the other one is run by a murderer.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Demonstration happens for a reason mainly related to living standard people struggling to afford loaf of bread. When I say there is no oppression in the Arab world, I meant the big the picture. Iraq, Syria are out of the equation. One country is run by a sectarian brutal regime controlled by blood thirsty monster Ayto-alkalb Khamenei and the other one is run by a murderer.

You are wrong about big picture, same thing happening in Iraq will replicate itself in lots of places in Arab world, unfortunately.

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
You are wrong about big picture, same thing happening in Iraq will replicate itself in lots of places in Arab world, unfortunately.
The reason its happening in Iraq is because they were promised a better future after Saddam, but things have gotten worse, I don't see people dying of hunger in Saudia.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia

I disagree, it happened in Tunisia, no one has been tortured , it did in Algeria, in Egypt, in Sudan. The Arab world certainly is no different to other part of the world as you may have witnessed in France and Brussels. In case of GCC countries, no one is protesting because the living standard is very high. GDP top the world 20s.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
The reason its happening in Iraq is because they were promised a better future after Saddam, but things have gotten worse, I don't see people dying of hunger in Saudia.

I'm talking about protesting for any reason. It's considered illegal in most Arab nations. Saudi's are not allowed to protest. Tunisia and Algeria were rare exceptions.

I disagree, it happened in Tunisia, no one has been tortured , it did in Algeria, in Egypt, in Sudan. The Arab world certainly is no different to other part of the world as you may have witnessed in France and Brussels. In case of GCC countries, no one is protesting because the living standard is very high. GDP top the world 20s.

Egypt and Sudan cracked down hard, only when it became clear that a crackdown will not prove sufficient did they remove a leader. Tunisia and Algeria are rare exceptions. And there is a long way to go still.

We have better living standards in America too and we protest all the time. There are a million reasons you could protest for. All I am saying is, if there are widespread protests in most Arab nations, the government will crackdown hard no differently than you see in Iraq if they believe it will be successful.

We shouldn't be like France. We are Muslims. It's allowed to express our grievances and concerns to our leadership and they have to be attentive and just. The reason people protest is because the regimes aren't attentive and do not work to tackle unemployment, infrastructure, corruption, etc....

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
We have better living standards in America too and we protest all the time. There are a million reasons you could protest for. All I am saying is, if there are widespread protests in most Arab nations, the government will crackdown hard no differently than you see in Iraq if they believe it will be successful.

We shouldn't be like France. We are Muslims. It's allowed to express our grievances and concerns to our leadership and they have to be attentive and just. The reason people protest is because the regimes aren't attentive and do not work to tackle unemployment, infrastructure, corruption, etc....

There are million ways to express your concerns aside from protesting. In Saudi Arabia for instance all doors are open to the public from the King to the last one in the government. That is why protesting is not allowed. You want to express go directly and express face to face.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
There are million ways to express your concerns aside from protesting. In Saudi Arabia for instance all doors are open to the public from the King to the last one in the government. That is why protesting is not allowed. You want to express go directly and express face to face.

You're not allowed to criticize government in Saudi Arabia, just like pretty much every other ME nation. You have to accept that leadership forever and have no option for change. It's always the one family who will choose next leader. Saudi public doesn't get a say in the matter. All you can do in Saudi Arabia is ask same leadership to work to bring more jobs and cheaper housing. When it comes to social or political reform, it's up to leadership entirely and they decide when they want to advance social reform. And that's their kind of 'social reform'.

No one is gonna go face to face and criticize a Saudi leader, except if they want to go to jail. If they are face to face, they have to praise the leader and pretty much not acceptable to say anything else.

So bottomline, we don't have any freedom where we need it. They just introduce the Western kind of freedom which is making women dress inappropriately and what not. That's last kind of freedom we need. We need freedom to influence political and social reform. And this is for the whole Middle East minus few exceptions.

God didn't create us just to bring quality of life standards to a higher point. We have to uphold Islam and worship. And Islam is what teaches us justice and equal representation and what not. The reason you aren't seeing blessings of Islam in our societies is because the scholars and people we choose to represent us are horrible Muslims. Yet you guys(majority of society) insist that they are the best people. And of course these scholars and other figures will enjoy large amounts of money, fame, power, luxury lifestyle and lots of families that want to marry their daughters to them. These are the demons that Muslim look up to.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I rest my case. You have no idea how Saudi Arabia runs.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
I have never been fond of democracy in its current form.

Neither am I, I am in favor of Islamic rule in the Middle East and greater Muslim world if possible. Rulers in the ME are not upholding their end, if they were, then no one would have problem with them.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Iraqi's continue to demonstrate. And regimes of region continue to be stubborn and disregard demands of the people.