LAX's landing path changed due to military operations | World Defense

LAX's landing path changed due to military operations

HeliArmy

Reactions
14 0 0
Country
France
Military is going to change the path of landing of LAX planes for at least a week. Military closed to incoming flights the airspace over Pacific, and this, for the next week.

Why? They declined to answer since it is a secret military operation. According to LAX's PR direction, they're not either aware of what's happening and just apply a new flight path. This obviously affect local population because landing planes will take other paths over neighborhoods instead of over the sea, who doesn't care about the aircraft noise.

News reporters captured military operations at downtown of Los Angeles, and at that time, authorities said it was to ensure military's ability to operate in urban environments. Hm.

Source: Secret military operations to divert LAX planes for a week | abc7.com

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I wonder what kind of military operation is that such that the airport is affected. This reminds me of the upcoming APEC conference here in our country that would be attended by Russia's Putin, US's Obama and China's premiere. From November 17 to 20, there will be no commercial flights and some roads (highways and avenues) will be closed for security reasons. APEC is a big thing to close the airport.

HeliArmy

Reactions
14 0 0
Country
France
I wonder what kind of military operation is that such that the airport is affected. This reminds me of the upcoming APEC conference here in our country that would be attended by Russia's Putin, US's Obama and China's premiere. From November 17 to 20, there will be no commercial flights and some roads (highways and avenues) will be closed for security reasons. APEC is a big thing to close the airport.
If they welcome someone and want to close some airspace for that, there's one known thing: this person, or this event, is kept secret, and they don't want much to disclose it. Given it happens on the Pacific, there wouldn't be many to disclose what happens. These operations is weird, and comes after the China presence at the South China islands (I think that's how they're named?), and also the event where China's warships came inside U.S. territories and have to bring them out of the U.S. territory. Maybe they fear something, I don't feel like it is good news they do that.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
If they welcome someone and want to close some airspace for that, there's one known thing: this person, or this event, is kept secret, and they don't want much to disclose it. Given it happens on the Pacific, there wouldn't be many to disclose what happens. These operations is weird, and comes after the China presence at the South China islands (I think that's how they're named?), and also the event where China's warships came inside U.S. territories and have to bring them out of the U.S. territory. Maybe they fear something, I don't feel like it is good news they do that.

Routine scheduled ballistic missile testing, wasn't triggered by any recent event. I believe the warships were in international waters near US territory. Russia has done them, we also have done them overseas. Very common, bottom of the barrel muscle flexing.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines

It seems that you are scaring me, huh. That's why I got interested because there is an upcoming international conference here and the Philippine government is agog in the preparation. US and China leaders are expected to arrive and I cannot imagine a scenario of violence, I hope not. But connecting that airport change to the presence of China's navy in the South China Sea is really scary.