LGBTQ in the military | Page 2 | World Defense

LGBTQ in the military

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
In a world full of bigotry, this is a non-issue for me. As long as you're just, have a keen sense of responsibility for your country and what you believe in and willing to be of service, then your gender preference is of no consequence. Besides, if you pass all the requirements, why should your personal preference be an issue?

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
I think it's an abomination and immoral for bigots and "in the closet" nazis to have sex. Not only do I think bigots should not be allowed in the military, I don't think they should be allowed in our society. We should put them all on an island together and leave them there. But, instead, I have to put up with their bigotry and stench every time I get online or leave my house.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
Hmmmm..... I agree with you @kana_marie about bigots.

big·ot
ˈbiɡət/
noun
noun: bigot; plural noun: bigots
a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.
"don't let a few small-minded bigots destroy the good image of the city"

Reactions
23 0 0
Country
USA
When I was in the Army (late 1960s/early 70s) the general tendency was to protect obvious homosexuals from the guys who were so unsure of their own manhood that they felt a need to mistreat them. I was told that they were particularly popular in the Navy, but that's another little side war....... I grew up in the military (my dad had just been promoted to a 3 star slot when he had a heart-attack and had to retire. He had a silver star and two bronze stars (WWII and Korea), and was part of the Army air-corps group that came out of the Flying Tigers. They frequently flew combat alongside Pappy Boyington, and I remember the personal letter from Billy Mitchell to my father asking him to help start the Airforce. I remember dad talking about the troops helping protect homosexuals from bigots.

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
Sweden
Well Jodanians are very diverse in the way they think about or approach things like this so I may be in the minority.

To counter rise of Islamic State, Jordan imposes rules on Muslim clerics - The Washington Post

This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about. Jordan along with Tunisia are the most secular Muslim states. But I think Tunisia is ruled by a theocratic government now. Still, it's a long way from Saudi Arabia in which you get tortured and publicly humiliated for insulting Islam.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
I had friend who was in the Navy back during the Vietnam and Korean wars and he told me the story of when his ship mates tortured and threw overboard three guys because they were gay. He said they never even tried to look for the bodies. It is sad to see people so insecure about themselves and their beliefs that they would destroy others because of theirs. Look what is happening between the Muslims, Jews, and Christians.

Reactions
23 0 0
Country
USA
I think it's an abomination and immoral for bigots and "in the closet" nazis to have sex. Not only do I think bigots should not be allowed in the military, I don't think they should be allowed in our society. We should put them all on an island together and leave them there. But, instead, I have to put up with their bigotry and stench every time I get online or leave my house.
One thing I personally have to cope with is being bigoted against bigots. There is a line that we must not cross lest we ourselves be bigots. I guess we need to hate the sin, not the sinner (now where have I heard that?). many bigots are simply pitiful, wretched losers, hiding behind fear to cover their aloneness.

BigBIgFan

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
Look what is happening between the Muslims, Jews, and Christians.

It's been happening a long, long time and will continue to happen for a long time after we are gone BUT there is one change that might be a gamechanger happening. Many centuries ago Muslims actually conquered what is now Europe but they ruled it in such a way that kept Christians down. That, in turn, led to an uprise in violence by Christians towards Muslims and the crusades began to remove the Muslims from Europe.

Fast forward to today and Muslims are returning in droves in what is said to be a more tolerant society, but the killings continue. The game changer however is birth rate. Muslims have a much higher birth rate than Christians and, a few generations from now, will be the majority in many areas. That means Sharia law and it means more persecution of Christians and Jews. Current politicians in the U.K. are weak and continue to try to create a truly multi-cultural society but it's not working. If you look at a demographics map the Christians, Jews and Muslims often create neighborhoods where they are a majority. In other words even when all in the same country they aren't mixing well.

This will not end for centuries, or longer. Even if Muslims achieve global dominance they will eventually in-fight, become passive and Christians or Jews will reclaim land and expand. It just never ends.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
It's been happening a long, long time and will continue to happen for a long time after we are gone BUT there is one change that might be a gamechanger happening. Many centuries ago Muslims actually conquered what is now Europe but they ruled it in such a way that kept Christians down. That, in turn, led to an uprise in violence by Christians towards Muslims and the crusades began to remove the Muslims from Europe.

Fast forward to today and Muslims are returning in droves in what is said to be a more tolerant society, but the killings continue. The game changer however is birth rate. Muslims have a much higher birth rate than Christians and, a few generations from now, will be the majority in many areas. That means Sharia law and it means more persecution of Christians and Jews. Current politicians in the U.K. are weak and continue to try to create a truly multi-cultural society but it's not working. If you look at a demographics map the Christians, Jews and Muslims often create neighborhoods where they are a majority. In other words even when all in the same country they aren't mixing well.

This will not end for centuries, or longer. Even if Muslims achieve global dominance they will eventually in-fight, become passive and Christians or Jews will reclaim land and expand. It just never ends.
It's a little disconcerting that after all this time we still haven't learned how to coexist peacefully. I hear all the time that the love of money is the root of all evil. How did religion get left out of that equation?
If everyone could worry about their own afterlives, and stay out of everyone else's maybe the world would stand a chance.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA

Such is the nature of the beast. Each one thinks they are supreme and the others are wrong in their ideas. So war continues to happen, none can except or tolerate the other. You don't see this problem in other religions (at least I have not heard of any), just these three.

Reactions
23 0 0
Country
USA

Yowsa, but here in America we jes lets dem darkies multiply like bunnies to keek dem ragheads in check.

A bit of sarcasm there, I react to anything I perceive as bigotry. Currently there is a great exodus of African Christians fleeing radical Islamicists into Europe, so these folks may offset the problem you perceive. Greet any muslims with the love of Christ, tell them that God DID NOT LIE about the crucifixion, and when Mohammed said Jesus was born of a Virgin and conceived of the Holy Ghost, that means that hHe was not adopted, and that means he was begotten. One or the other. Begotten does not mean that god copulated with Mary, but He was not adopted.

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
This would probably be a bad idea for many reasons. First, military people are strong and decisive. To start with that ,LGBTQ population has been indecisive all their life. Now we all know that they are very liberal, and i am generalizing, because they need the freedom and that liberty to be accepted. In military you go to kill other people. The other thing is the fact that most of military people, soldiers are highly religious and intolerant to LGBTQ population. I am not sure they would have a good time.