Libyan National Army reportedly received four Mi-35P gunship helicopters | World Defense

Libyan National Army reportedly received four Mi-35P gunship helicopters

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
According to local media, four combat helicopters have been delivered to the Libyan National Army. They are said to have arrived in Marj two days ago. Pictures released on social medias seem to show that the helicopters delivered are the Russian-made Mi-24P/Mi-35P "Hind-F" and are said to have been delivered from the United Arab Emirates, reported yesterday, April 28, the Libyan online newspaper Libya Herald.

Libyan_National_Army_reportedly_received_four_new_Mi_24P_gunship_helicopters_640_001.jpg

Mil Mi-35P "Hind-F" gunship helicopter seen in Marj (Libya), which could have been delivered to the Libyan National Army

The Mil Mi-35P "Hind-F" is an export gunship version of the Mi-24. On this gunship version, the 12.7mm machine-gun has been replaced with a fixed side-mounted 30mm GSh-30K twin-barrel cannon (with 750 rounds) in semi-cylindrical pack on starboard side of nose. Approximately 620 Mi-24Ps were built between 1981 and 1990. The first Mi-24P entered service in 1982.

The Russians have sold different versions of the Mi-24 Hind combat helicopters to a number of countries, including Brazil and Venezuela, but there are no reports of them selling it the UAE
The delivery follows the visit last week to the UAE by the commander of the Libyan armed forces, General Khalifa Hafter. A fortnight ago, the Prime Minister was in Moscow to discuss military cooperation and supplies of equipment and arms with the Russians.

It is not the only delivery of arms to the country in recent weeks, despite the UN embargo, said the Libya Herald, which has been informed of other weapons being flown from the UAE to LNA forces in recent days.

This information has not yet been confirmed by other medias or official sources.
Libyan National Army reportedly received four Mi-35P gunship helicopters 2904154

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hafter is hitting with an iron fest. I just hope Libya get rid of those scums and retain peace and stability once again. The so called arab spring brought nothing but a destruction to the arab world. Not that I like Qaddafi or Bin ali, in fact i cheered for the arab spring at the beginning but honestly it hurts me alot seeing our brothers and sisters in such a state of affair as a result of the so called Arab spring.