Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Lion poacher eaten by lions in South Africa
By Ray Downs
Feb. 13, 2018

(UPI) -- A pride of lions attacked and ate a suspected lion poacher in South Africa, police said Monday.

The mostly-eaten body of the man was found in the Ingwelala Private Nature Reserve over the weekend. The identity of the man has not been determined, but police found a hunting rifle near his remains, leading them to believe he was a poacher.

"We are still trying all other means, including the Home Affairs Department, to get his history, which may lead us to his residential place," said Police Lieutenant-Colonel Moatshe Ngoepe, according to Sowetan Live.

He added: "The process of identifying the deceased has already commenced and it might be made possible by the fact that his head is amongst the remains that were found at the scene."

According to the BBC, lion body parts body parts are in demand throughout Africa and Southeast Asia for use in traditional medicine.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-...s-in-South-Africa/3121518506350/?spt=slh&or=7

The Sandman

Reactions
405 34 0
Country
Pakistan
011914_1710_WhatGoesAro1.jpg

Am i a bad person if i don't feel bad for these guys who kill animals (sometimes even rare and almost extinct species) just for fun or some kind of trophy?

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
011914_1710_WhatGoesAro1.jpg

Am i a bad person if i don't feel bad for these guys who kill animals (sometimes even rare and almost extinct species) just for fun or some kind of trophy?
It is not allowed in Islam to kill animals for "trophies." So you are absolutely right!

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I mean they're at least humans don't they've hearts? ~-~ I hate zoo's too only a pair of endangered animals should be kept in safe protection.
True. Some zoos with their minuscule cages are really disturbing. Although some politicians would be right at home.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I was about to get myself a baby tiger... forget it. (:-) What if the baby grew up and decided to play real stuff with me. <)0(>

Jocks aside, I never understand the joy behind hunting animals for no reason?

I didn't know that camels can be hunted. They don't even run that fast you can actually make a trap and get them alive. Lets assume for the sake of argument camels can be hunted, then what? are you gonna eat the meat? get the fur? or just kill for pleasure? What makes hunting legal if its not for food? There should be some law to ban hunting unless by licensed food industry.

Boulia027.jpg