Live and let live | World Defense

Live and let live

remnant

Reactions
8 1 0
Country
Kenya
Many countries around the world are in a silent but serious arms race in a bid to outmaneouvre their perceived regional rivals. Notable cases include India and Pakistan or Saudi Arabia and Iran. Many other examples abound. Since humans are rational beings, wouldn't consensus be a better option? It doesn't have to entail agreement only but also agreeing to disagree. Since each one of us has a short lifespan here on earth, the game plan should be to live and let live.

vash

Reactions
27 1 0
Country
USA
It is human nature to do what's the best for him/herself most of the time. The ones who have real power are do different. Because they have the power, they use it to better their own self-interest, while pretend it to be "national" interest.

It is not the matter of live and let live. It is about who gets the most wealth. Yes, territory is wealth. So is political influences.

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I have no idea that humans are rational beings. I guess it was a human. Not all of us are rational and if you as a dog he would say none of us are rational so it really depends on a perspective. As for the potential conflicts and consensus, I really doubt that first can be avoided by making the second one reality. We are way over our heads in a search of power and money and everything that is making us crazy. We fight for territory that was given to us. We kill each other for it and remember of these battles proudly when we need to be ashamed of everything that we did. Oppression, wars for money and power or just to serve a stronger side so you feel some of the strength they have but not realizing in the process it is not a real strength, these are the things we debate on. We remember world wars as some great achievements of our ancestors who died. For me it was just stupidity, a massive consensus of idiots not being able to put a stop to the madness.

explorerx7

Reactions
37 1 0
Country
Jamaica
Live and let live is a very reasonable option to live by, however, it's not easy to abide by this method. It's not easy to trust one's probable opponent in times like these when there always so much deceit and the threat of conflict. This is the season of the perpetual cloak and dagger situation, therefore, nations will not be leaving anything to chance, they believe that it's better to be safe than to be sorry, hence, they find it feasible to always be looking over their shoulders